Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just had my Rolec unit installed and the installer says they have commissioned the unit through the EV.energy portal. It works just fine however when I try to sign up to the app it says my email address is not recognised for the post code I am entering. It also says no charger found...
Installer is adamant they used the right post code and email, but no luck getting into the app.

I have contacted the EV.energy support email but heard nothing.
Any ideas from anyone?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Check with Rolec that it hasn't been registered before, even if in error. Some third party can entirely mess you and your installer up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just fired an email off to Rolec. Maybe their systems take a while to update?
Should I get a registration email from EV.energy automatically?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still not working 2 days later...anyone got any tips. After putting in my postcode it says charger not found and email address not recognised.
installer says they have used the correct email postcode and address to commission the unit. I never got any emails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s the same response I got and I installed and commissioned it my self rolec and ev.energy blame each other they are to be avoided mine still drops out even now it’s got a good signal . Rubbish it might show its self as a big wholesale unit but home installation is lacking a robust image I feel .

·
Registered
9 Posts
It isn’t the installers fault they don’t work I feel sorry for them as customers have to use them and if not them items con only be purchased via a electrical wholesalers chain so it’s pain full to get resolution and Rolec said to me it’s back to base for unit checks only and wouldn’t send a temporary replacement to me . The only way forward after spending £640 is to alter it my self which after 4 weeks I find distasteful and units are not fit for purpose

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any contact number for EV.energy?

can’t find anything on the website only the email support system

·
Registered
102 Posts
They were pretty good at coming back to me when I used the 'support' e-mail. I just looked at Twitter as sometimes that gets a response from companies faster. It doesn't look as though ev.energy are active on there but Rolec certainly are.

You bought a Rolec charger and who they choose to provide the app behind the smart functions is down to them. In my view though they need to take ownership of these issues if their supplier isn't providing the service you paid for. I would make it Rolec's problem on Twitter and see how quickly they respond.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all

got it sorted in the end.
they deleted my account and we started again with a different email address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts