Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if you could all take a look at a new page on by website. I know there are loads of EV glossary pages out there but I'm trying to include one relevant to my EVIOM website. If anyone has 5 minutes please take a look and give feedback on any omissions, mistakes, etc.

The page is at eviom.im/jargon

·
Registered
777 Posts
Charge Point
A location where Electric Vehicles can be plugged in and charged. These can be at home, at work or in publicly accessible locations. Can be abbreviated to CP.

Hypermiling (one word)
A driving style used to obtain the greatest range possible from an Electric Vehicle.

ICE-hole

A person who deliberately blocks access to an Electric Vehicle charging point with an ICE vehicle. Don't be an ICE-hole...

REx
Range Extender. A petrol or diesel engine (ICE) used to generate electricity to recharge an Electric Vehicle's battery. A REx engine does not directly drive the wheels and acts as a generator only. Can be found in vehicles such as the BMW i3 REx.

Some spelling corrections. Also REx and ER-EV's are pretty much identical except I guess BMW have coined the term REx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts