Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback or help sharing a newly launched and free online EV Trip Planner. http://justgetthere.me It takes a range of different variables into account when calculating the battery drain for the trip such as distance, speed, temp, climate controls and weather conditions.

I have been an EV owner for over 2 years after purchasing an electric Smart4Two back in 2015. Embracing the electric vehicle mentality has been seamless experience and with a definite positive impact on the pocket book. That said, living in Ottawa Canada, with its dramatic temperature fluctuations and extreme weather conditions I found the range of the car can fluctuate dramatically. This, coupled with the limited range of the SmartCar (~145km) has resulted in some white knuckle drives home as the battery needle creeps down into the red zone.

To help alleviate some of this stress for myself and my family, I created this tool to better plan trips within the city and ensure we don’t get caught out again. We have been using it for several months and find it quite useful and feel it's worth sharing with the internet at large.

There are a lot of features and ideas I want to integrate into the product so if you feel like donating to development costs please do so on the website.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Works fine this morning for me in Chrome

A few observations:
1. your UK A road speeds are very optimistic in terms of short travel time - 120 mile journey through Wales in 2hrs 50 minutes is just about doable keeping to national speed limits in light traffic avoiding school/commute hours but not the reat of the time , and certainly not if you are more sedate with speed to save energy
2. It suggest 191% energy needed base on 100mile range for a 122 mile journey (Nissan Leaf set to 100 miles) - if thats allowing for safe refuelling every 60-70 miles then fair enough but in theory it should be nearer 160% (even allowing for weather/altitude changes)
3. No charging stations on the route i tested (Abergavenny to Ewloe) - there are numerous stations in Hereford, Church Stretton, Shrewsbury services (A40/A5) and Oswestry services. Are charge stations a later development ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
The only charging stations marked on the map are in Canada.

I can't get it to work on my iPhone 5.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts