Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like watching the occasional movie, documentary or just about anything focused on EVs. But so far I've not seen many, so would like to add to my limited knowledge with the help of others.

This is for shows that focus on EVs, not ones that may feature them in small parts, or flashes on screen. That is aside from the "cameos" section, but even then a glimpse of a tail light in a ten minute music video or a single car parked in the background in a 120 minute movie may be stretching it.

Please add yours below and I will update the list, I'll be starting with the fairly obvious...

Feature length and documentaries:
Shorts / fan films:
Series / web series:
Adverts and promos:
Radio and audio:
TV and film with EV characters and cameos:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Racing Green Endurance's trip down the whole of the Pan-American highway from Alaska to Ushuaia at the Southern tip of Argentina. In an Radical supercar converted to electric drive.

The website is here http://www.racinggreenendurance.com/ where you can also buy a DVD or download of the film of the trip. It was filmed by Claudio von Planta who did the filming for Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman's "Long Way Round".

Travelling and electric cars, what more could you want?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Who Killed the Electric Car and Revenge of the Electric Car are both must-see, in my opinion, and in that sequence, too. "Who Killed" will leave you depressed or angry ... followed by "Revenge" will leave you optimistic and hopeful.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Check YouTube for some similar movies/shorts..just watched one on Tesla's production and preproduction..I'm following a Zoe owner,user name "Alloam", documenting his first experiences with his car!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Who Killed the Electric Car and Revenge of the Electric Car are both must-see, in my opinion, and in that sequence, too. "Who Killed" will leave you depressed or angry ... followed by "Revenge" will leave you optimistic and hopeful.
Totally agree with that !

I watched "Who Killed .." with a group of 7 or 8 people back in 2010. It was at a neighbours house one evening after a BBQ and we'd mostly migrated indoors. He works for Nissan, and has had some involvement in Leaf development. We were all moved to tears, well almost, at what GM did to the EV1 and how they pissed off the owners in their attempt to drown the kid at birth.

Interestingly 3 of those present now drive EV's :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
How about the World End…….:D
I noticed the "Cornetto" colour theme coming through in "World's End" being greenish,and the Ampera product placement that was quite striking!-(ended up buying the Trilogy box set to watch them again...)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Paul - can you add the two amazing / historically interesting links shown in the thread below ?

I bet most people think EVs are a new, but seriously its all happened before and I don't me in the 1990's, I mean 50 yrs and also 110 years ago (see the very revealing vids in the link below) .. and each time its has been snuffed out by big-oil, watch "Who Killed the electric car" to see proof of this.

This time its different :)

https://speakev.com/threads/a-1912-electric-car-being-charged-with-solar-panels-in-1960-youd-better-believe-it.2633/

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are some fun commercials out there, official and fan-made. The Tesla Nozzie one is very good

And the Nissan Leaf Gas-Powered Everything one is great too

The Leaf Polar Bear commercial got some stick but my nine year old daughter thinks it's ace

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Totally agree with that !

I watched "Who Killed .." with a group of 7 or 8 people back in 2010. It was at a neighbours house one evening after a BBQ and we'd mostly migrated indoors. He works for Nissan, and has had some involvement in Leaf development. We were all moved to tears, well almost, at what GM did to the EV1 and how they pissed off the owners in their attempt to drown the kid at birth.

Interestingly 3 of those present now drive EV's :)
have both these DVD's :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought somebody should create a list like this.
Somebody already did, me.

I've merged your new post with the existing thread. Please read the stickies at the top of the forum posts and also search before starting new topics to avoid duplication. I'll check through your post and update the original list as soon as I can get around to it.

Some may not make the list, but I'll let you'll know so you can share elsewhere if it seems appropriate.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
The 'gas powered everything' video is great...but is that a Volt at the end, for just a fraction of a second? Cheeky :D

Don't think we are at the adoption stage yet where EV manufacturers need to start knocking each other. Can see why they would but anything that fights the good cause will be better for all.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
@Teo Thanks for adding that list even though it has been merged. You put some effort into that and I am sure everyone will appreciate that.

:cool:

PS As you can see... I haven't hit the ignore button yet. Like everyone said... we just need to get to know you a little :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks @Teo, I've started a new thread over in the Tesla forum with most of the links you posted, and added one or two to the "main list". I think it'll get a better reception and will be able to develop on its own better there.

Please all do keep the suggestions coming to both this and the Tesla thread, which is here: https://speakev.com/threads/tesla-films-documentaries-and-audio-clips.3877

1 - 20 of 30 Posts