Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
2019 BMW i3 120Ah
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across this which looks like an emerging competitor to A Better Route Planner.

I don’t think it comes close to ABRP yet, but could be one to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,367 Posts
Yeah, it is very close, but as you say it needs some refinement. There's no option (or at least I couldn't find any) way to choose the networks you like. I set up a journey and the only chargepoint offered was an EcoT on the M6. EcoT would be way down on my list.

Look forward to seeing their improvements as the layout and ease of use is commendable. (y) (y)

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
196 Posts
Probably being a bit thick but I can‘t see what network is at a charging stop or how to set a default maximum charge at a stop. The app seems to choose 90% or more which is too high for most stops at a rapid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just did a virtual test run of an e-Golf vs the Ioniq EV: not impressed by the predictions. The Hyundai has a way better charging profile and lower consumption than the e-Golf yet the prediction for the ride from Amsterdam to Berlin are almost the same. Plot this on ABRP and you will see a one hour difference, much more realistic. The looks are good but needs better usage of charging stats and so on.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
196 Posts
Just did a virtual test run of an e-Golf vs the Ioniq EV: not impressed by the predictions. The Hyundai has a way better charging profile and lower consumption than the e-Golf yet the prediction for the ride from Amsterdam to Berlin are almost the same. Plot this on ABRP and you will see a one hour difference, much more realistic. The looks are good but needs better usage of charging stats and so on.
An option to add your own miles/kWhr would be useful.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,367 Posts
Probably being a bit thick but I can‘t see what network is at a charging stop or how to set a default maximum charge at a stop. The app seems to choose 90% or more which is too high for most stops at a rapid.
No you're not thick, I knew which charger it was choosing as I have done that journey several times. A bit of pre-knowledge I'm afraid.

Reactions: Hedley Wright
1 - 8 of 8 Posts