Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,125 Posts
But imagine you didn't have that foresight and had a tethered type-1 on the UK Gov grant scheme, how useful would an adapter be? Very I'd imagine?
Or you could just get a nice electrician to change the Type 1 plug for a Type 2 as and when (and, if you're organised enough to get this done before your new car arrives, ask him to install an external 13-amp socket, too, and just use your EVSE in the meantime. Not that I've thought that far ahead, obviously. Helps that my nephew is said electrician...)

· Registered
2,125 Posts
But then where do I plug in the type-1 car? I'm saying in the situation you start with one, but end up with another as well.
Ah, dammit, missed the "as well" bit.

Reactions: Paul

· Registered
2,125 Posts
But then where do I plug in the type-1 car? I'm saying in the situation you start with one, but end up with another as well.
In this case, I'd make damn sure the new car came with an EVSE and just install an external 13-amp socket. (If your second driver is anything like my wife, then the 2nd car would need charging only occasionally and the 13-amp would be more than sufficient).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.