Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen, and played with a mapping tool, that allows you to enter two locations, and it works out based on car type, elevation, how many people in the car etc the range of various EV's.

Has anyone got the URL?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
David Peilow used this to plan the Edinburgh trip and he was very happy with the results.

I will look at it some time myself and see how useful it will be for me :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just looking at this site for potential trip. Is it me or are the expected range and power used a little on the pessimistic side? Have people who have used this and then compared it to actual results found this? It looks like a good site and a useful tool in planning routes and I assume a level of pessimism in its figures allows for greater flexibility and lack of unpleasant surprises with range.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Just looking at this site for potential trip. Is it me or are the expected range and power used a little on the pessimistic side? Have people who have used this and then compared it to actual results found this? It looks like a good site and a useful tool in planning routes and I assume a level of pessimism in its figures allows for greater flexibility and lack of unpleasant surprises with range.
I use it from time to time and find it very accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts