Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Having lost my ev during lockdown unfortunately, i was open for new possibilities as i noticed i didn't need the car that much.. Been using Enterprise car club for a month and its good but, i have to travel more than an hour to get the car (Nottigham in my case) , but as trade off they almost always have ev available!

My point with this is the last couple of miles from train to car for example.

Someone is riding ev scooter outside and was stopped by pc ? seen a couple whizzing around

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,830 Posts
Hi all

Having lost my ev during lockdown unfortunately, i was open for new possibilities as i noticed i didn't need the car that much.. Been using Enterprise car club for a month and its good but, i have to travel more than an hour to get the car (Nottigham in my case) , but as trade off they almost always have ev available!

My point with this is the last couple of miles from train to car for example.

Someone is riding ev scooter outside and was stopped by pc ? seen a couple whizzing around
In the UK, e-scooters are currently illegal unless they're the rental ones currently on trial in a couple of areas.
Have you considered a folding e-bike instead?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the UK, e-scooters are currently illegal unless they're the rental ones currently on trial in a couple of areas.
Have you considered a folding e-bike instead?
I have yes. But I think in price they are similar while the praticality the scooter is much easier to store and compact

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I have yes. But I think in price they are similar while the praticality the scooter is much easier to store and compact
For me, the point that one is illegal for road use and one isn’t would be the deciding factor.

I’d buy the cheapest Brompton style folding bike I could find, then electrify it with a replacement wheel with hub motor and the smallest battery I could find.

For a couple of miles though, I doubt I’d even bother electrifying it? I probably would though, because it’s interesting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts