Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through the menus on my Soul 64kwh I can't find the following settings:
1) winter charging on/off
2) AC type 2 connector auto-lock
3) 12V battery saver on/off
Any idea where I should be looking?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an e-Niro so should be similar. The auto/lock for charging is a button down by right knee next to VESS and lane keep button. The 12v battery saver is under User settings, the page icon on steering wheel button, select Other and in that list. Not sure about winter charging sorry.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you. Connector lock & 12V battery saver both in "Users Settings" in instrument cluster. No button near the VESS, HUD controls.
There doesn't appear to be a winter mode option on my car, maybe not required in UK?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,687 Posts
What do you have your connector lock set as? The options are very vague: "charging only" and "always".

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you have your connector lock set as? The options are very vague: "charging only" and "always".
I set it to always, as this means the cable is locked before, during and after charging. Released when car is unlocked. This is to prevent someone unplugging or stealing my cable at night when car is on the driveway

·
Registered
222 Posts
You might not have winter mode. Apparently it only works when temp gets to -10. Which is not very often in UK,. If you have it it is a setting in the infotainment screen .
The cable lock setting set to always is my preferred setting . More for type 2 charging. The cable remains locked to the car until the car is unlocked . It will relock after a few seconds if you don't remove the cable. A double push on the unlock button on the key might also unlock it.
Having it set to when charging leaves you cable vulnerable to theft once the car has stopped charging.. This setting is probably more appropriate for those that have tethered chargers at home. Just remember to change the setting when type 2 charging away from home.
I don't think it applies to rapid charging. You should be able to remove the CCS cable once the charge has been stopped. Otherwise just lock and unlock the car.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,687 Posts
Thank you both, that was my understanding too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts