Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Landed in Vilnius on Sunday at 10:30. Walked over to the car park next the terminal and had a selection of three brand new EVs with Spark - an e208, Leaf 40 and Zoe 50.

I had set up the app a week before, uploading my passport and driving licence, along with credit card. So fired up the app, selected the car I wanted (Zoe) and it just opened immediately. Inside were the keys and a charging fob. Car had a half full battery, which was more than ample.

This Zoe was the GT spec, with about 19,000 km on it. Drove like new. As we already have a Zoe it was very easy as we knew where all the switches were.

So you can drop the car off anywhere you like, but we took it for the day and dropped it next to our apartment. Total cost €37. Charing is free at designated chargers across the city.

They also have ID.3s, which we'll check out tomorrow. I'll post an update on it.

I was blown away by how easy the app was to use. No faffing. Just find a car and drive. Around our place we currently have a choice of 8 different EVs.

We need something like this everywhere really.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took out an ID.3 today, 62 kWh battery version with Pro trim:

Performance and ride is awesome. Steering doesn’t feel as direct as a Golf, but it’s good enough.

Interior trim is more tinny and plasticky than the Zoe, but touch screen interface works well. Wireless CarPlay seems to work well.

Going to take this one on a road trip to Belarus tomorrow. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most DC chargers in Lithuania is 50kw only. Maybe there is something on major highway, but I'm not sure. Plugshare should have the info.
That doesn’t explain why it charges at 51 kW.

Just checked - the Ignitis network all seem to be 50 kW max. Very odd.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll take a look at the sticker on the back next time I'm near one. It should clarify.

Oh, and great to see some Lithuanians on the forum! :)

(Most advanced god damn nation on earth)

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,823 Posts
cah197 said:
This Zoe was the GT spec, with about 19,000 km on it. Drove like new.
Your review tends to negate @donald ’s speculation in the other thread…

donald said:
How does it take a picture of a smell? What colour is sick-smell?

What colour is 'sticky-seat'?
Woah there fella! I was talking about what would happen to fully autonomous taxis.

Not at all to do with any EVs, could have even been an ICE I was talking about.

Massively misquoting me might get my attention but not my appreciation.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Woah there fella! I was talking about what would happen to fully autonomous taxis.
Not at all to do with any EVs, could have even been an ICE I was talking about.

Massively misquoting me might get my attention but not my appreciation.
I thought you were saying car sharing in general won’t work, whether autonomous or not.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts