Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I received an introduction from an SME who can provide acredited 'training solutions' in the context of EVs. A very useful skill set - indeed!
That got me thinking who else is out there with skills, knowledge, services and products - that could be aggregated if funded opportunities were to arise?
As a member of the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership I can see that there are 'opportunities' - nothing 'gold plated' - but maybe if we could formulate 'developments, sties, reseach' - the funding may be obtainable.
I'm inviting anyone with a business (or an idea for a business) in the EV context - please register with me for the EV SME Network?
Depending on the uptake, I make a register and share between network members.
We can then share ideas as to what could be achieved and where we might find funding?
Its: [email protected]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are you talking directly related to EV? Or just a business network in general that has EV owners/enthusiasts as members?

For example, I'm a software developer - mainly doing website / database related stuff, do you see that as something useful?

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I guess that I was meaning 'Small Medium Enterprise' - however, I would be willing to admit EV 'subject matter experts', provided the knowledge was principally from academic activity and not simply opinion!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to be involved with EV-Box in Holland with a view to importing their charging posts but we were too late to bid for the PiPs. The whole business is dormant at the moment. J

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking directly related to EV? Or just a business network in general that has EV owners/enthusiasts as members?
For example, I'm a software developer - mainly doing website / database related stuff, do you see that as something useful?
That would certainly satisfy my criteria - especially if you were interested in EV related developments?:)
Doing any research would often include data gathering and presentation - you certainly qualify!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm an electronic engineer at a customer equipment manufacturer.
We have produced various products for EVSEs including for a member of this forum.

Reactions: brian orr

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
A Subject Matter Expert would by definition have expert opinions as opposed to simply having opinions, because of the extra factual knowledge required to become an SME in that context.
Having said that, isn't this Forum network enough for that meaning of SME?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts