Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sounds strange. I've had 2 new obc's. On both occasions it just completely stopped working. I'd check the connections/lead and brick as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last Wednesday night our Soul EV refused to accept a charge from either the brick or our Chargemaster tethered charger. It comes up in the car with "Charger Error." The blue lights don't come on but you can her the relay on the wall box/brick click on and then eventually give up and click off. This has happened once before about 2-3 months ago. It took a few days but was diagnosed as the On Board Charger and this was replaced under warranty. Apparently looking at the worldwide forums its common. The car has done 12,000 miles and is about 15 months old.

My local dealer Stoneacre of Lincoln told us they were too busy to take the car in until the 7th of February (5 days away!) It had enough miles on it so I took it there the next morning anyway in case they had a chance to look at it or a cancellation. I also rang Kia to see if any other dealers could look at the car earlier. They said no. The 7th was the earliest. They also told me in no uncertain terms that they were not "legally obliged to provide me with a courtesy car." I'm sure this is true but I'm also sure I would not point that out so forcefully to a customer that I'm supposed to be helping.

As of today the car is still broken. Stoneacre don't know whats wrong with it and we have been without a car for 8 days. A loan car has been requested but nobody can tell me when/if we will get it.

I would urge anyone to be very careful if buying/leasing a Kia. In my opinion their customer service is awful. When we were considering the car we were lent one direct from Kia withing 2-3 days for a week. Now that we have one it's strange that this is now not possible.

Sorry rant over. Just a word of warning. Its a great car but when it goes wrong....

I have a 2015 kia soul ev that's currently in the dealers for a new on board charger. Dealer has been great however I now have a hire car and it's my 3rd week of not seeing my car.
Kia won't reimburse me for the diesel and can't offer me an electric loan car so I'm out of pocket about £150 this month. Love my car but now worried about obc as it seems to be a more common issue than Kia'soul response to 'we haven't had this before!!'

·
Registered
636 Posts
This seems to be a common fault with the Soul. I guess as there are so few Soul's sold they are reluctant to do a recall on them if there is in fact a faulty design part. If this had been NIssan I would hazard a guess due too volumes they would have done a recall or at least had something in place for this common fault.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Supplying dealer should reimburse cost of diesel. It's contrary to consumer law not to pay these consequential losses from what I can tell.

If they won't budget then involve CAB as they handle all consumer queries now.

Or tweet Kia UK. Public mention of things they deny exist is always good for getting them moving on customer care.

I think the faulty part has been replaced in the 2016 Souls so they shouldn't have this problem.

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Amazingly they had one when our company needed a demo before buying. Strangely these disappeared when the OBC went! I tweeted Kia but it didn't make any difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone help. My kia has been in the garage for 3 weeks now. I have had a replacement obc and it still won't charge.. week 4 of a hire car and want my car back!! I don't know when I'm going to see my car again as they haven't found the fault..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to ring citizens advice tomorrow as kia told me there is nothing to go wrong on the car. The obc was 3500 without labour.. thankfully under warranty .. they told me that kia tech support and Korea are involved ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Mark.. I'm not either but I think I need to sign up.. dealership are fantastic but are relying on instructions from tech team and Korea...I'm paying a car loan.. for a hideous hire car plus diesel..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good idea.. I am happy to be an early adopter.. but not when I'm given a prototype at full price lol

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Kia Owners Club Forums

Then got to the kia-customer-support_forum
Kia Customer Support - Kia Owners Club Forums - Page 1

KCS actively participate, it can't be an easy life because most people on forums only whinge but that's the life of a CS rep!
Be polite initially make it a public post especially re having to pay for a hire car etc and ask them to look into it send the supporting nitty gritty by PM.

When you say it won't charge define won't only via the OBC or via a Rapid as well?

I suspect using Citizens Advice will simply add to the stress - some nice luvvy will tell you how to write a letter of complaint etc.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts