Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last Wednesday night our Soul EV refused to accept a charge from either the brick or our Chargemaster tethered charger. It comes up in the car with "Charger Error." The blue lights don't come on but you can her the relay on the wall box/brick click on and then eventually give up and click off. This has happened once before about 2-3 months ago. It took a few days but was diagnosed as the On Board Charger and this was replaced under warranty. Apparently looking at the worldwide forums its common. The car has done 12,000 miles and is about 15 months old.

My local dealer Stoneacre of Lincoln told us they were too busy to take the car in until the 7th of February (5 days away!) It had enough miles on it so I took it there the next morning anyway in case they had a chance to look at it or a cancellation. I also rang Kia to see if any other dealers could look at the car earlier. They said no. The 7th was the earliest. They also told me in no uncertain terms that they were not "legally obliged to provide me with a courtesy car." I'm sure this is true but I'm also sure I would not point that out so forcefully to a customer that I'm supposed to be helping.

As of today the car is still broken. Stoneacre don't know whats wrong with it and we have been without a car for 8 days. A loan car has been requested but nobody can tell me when/if we will get it.

I would urge anyone to be very careful if buying/leasing a Kia. In my opinion their customer service is awful. When we were considering the car we were lent one direct from Kia withing 2-3 days for a week. Now that we have one it's strange that this is now not possible.

Sorry rant over. Just a word of warning. Its a great car but when it goes wrong....
What are the chances of a class action law suit?
Mine does not fully charge. Started with 112 miles then dropped to 90, 86 and now is at 79 got this car at the end of August 2017.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
@George L.

Check the battery percentage charged figure. Check the charge timer is set to go on long enough before you are due to set off too as I'd expect charging to take a bit longer in Winter too.

Available miles will fall between summer and winter even if the battery percentage is at 100%. My 2016 Soul went from 105 Summer miles down to 72 in Winter.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
What are the chances of a class action law suit?
Mine does not fully charge. Started with 112 miles then dropped to 90, 86 and now is at 79 got this car at the end of August 2017.
Sound as if you are confusing range shown with charge ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
We're down to 103 miles on a full charge for our new model, but then I wondered last night if I should check the tire pressure. Sure enough, the low pressure light came on this morning. Down to 29PSI, so pumped them all to 33PSI - we'll see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I think it’s the temperature. When it was 5 or 6 Deg C the GOM was showing 110, when it dipped to zero it went to 100. I’ll check my tyre pressures as well tomorrow since in cold weather they’ll go down.

·
Registered
929 Posts
got mine Nov Started at 124 miles - dropped to 112 in dec , currently sat at 116 .
started at 3.8 Miles Per kWh , 4.1 miles currently .

the cold snap conditions & whether I pre warm . charge does impact the morning commute.

once we get back to normal dreary mid teen temps I'm sure it'll get better

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
That's one of the advantages...........
It is now cheaper in monetary terms to go to Tescos rather than pay for delivery.
However at my rate of 'quite a lot per hour' it is not cheaper in my time to go to Tescos rather than pay for delivery.

But yes we do go off to places like the interior of Welsh Wales a lot more now.
The Elan valley is always worth a road trip or several

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I had that "yes dear" thing as well. We live in Wales and over to the west it's a charging desert....!!
Should find out Saturday whether the extra tire pressure makes much difference when I do another long run. "Yes dear, an EV will be perfect, we never go anywhere!" - until we get an electric car![/QUOTE

41 - 51 of 51 Posts