Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi EV owners,
My business partners and I are in the early development stage of a new EV charging app called EV Tiger (some have called it the "Uber of the EV charging world").
EV Tiger allows charge seekers to charge their vehicle at another user's house while there is an unused space and charging point. Charge hosts are able to profit by lending their empty driveway and charging point to someone else.
Sound interesting? We hope so.
If you have the time to fill in our survey we'd be really grateful.

EV Tiger - Electric Vehicle Charging App Survey

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hope you've done your market research...
JustPark (can filter for places with charge points)
PlugShare

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
also given all the points that have been installed domestically are physical key rather than app controlled how would it work?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I lived in a high traffic area and had a constant stream of freeloaders

·
Registered
235 Posts
An app I would love to see would run in the background and just say the status of charge points I was approaching.

I.E. I'm on the M62 and get within 4 miles of service station (charge point) my phone automatically shouts out 'm62 Ferrybridge services chademo unit IN USE / OUT OF SERVICE / WORKING AND AVAILABLE '

But that would need constant information being sent from every unit all the time..... In ac perfect world

·
Registered
235 Posts
also given all the points that have been installed domestically are physical key rather than app controlled how would it work?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I lived in a high traffic area and had a constant stream of freeloaders
I think it's quiet a good idea in rural location to list home chargers for an emergency top up charge.
Specify contact details, call before coming etc.
I know if I was stuck with not enough miles to get to a charge point. I would gladly cough up some cash for an hour or so top up.

Attachments

·
Electric Leaf Man
1,898 Posts
Wouldn't I need public liability insurance to 'sell' my charger to the public?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't think so if you didn't charge anyone to use it, maybe suggest a donation to a very local charity ;). I don't think it would be used that often, just in an emergency.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Wouldn't I need public liability insurance to 'sell' my charger to the public?
Yes most likely, and you would have to make sure that the chargepoint and electricity supply were checked regularly for defects or faults.
There would also be the need for some kind of insurance for any damage caused by the person using your charger i.e. if they break off your charge point with a faulty cable.
Not sure how it would work for the electric company, OLEV scheme or other grants as they could class it as a commercial use of the charge point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts