Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask everyone here to take a few minutes and to see if you can find some information on the EV wiki on a topic of your own choice to do with EVs and EV ownership.

If the topic isn't there (it may not be - it is very early days for the Wiki!), or if it is sparse or incorrect, just post the topic subject here and we will add or expand that topic on the Wiki.

Please try to pick a topic or subject that might be a common enquiry by a newbie to EVs or a new owner wanting to find out more.

You are all very welcome to sign up and add the topic page yourself and over time I hope people will do more updating themselves but most people may not have updated a Wiki before and although it is pretty easy you still have to find out how to do it and so instead, if you prefer, just mention it here in this thread and we will add it for you :) You don't need to post the information here... just the topic or heading you want to see on the Wiki... we will do the rest :)

Thanks and I hope that over time the Wiki will become "the" place to go to get up to date and accurate information on all EV related topics.

http://www.evwiki.info

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D We aim to pleeze! :D

The outline of it was already there because we knew it would be needed early on. All I had to do this morning is flesh it out with some details, pics, links etc.

Plus... Christmas Eve... a nice thing to do to carols :rolleyes:

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
A few comments:

No mention of vehicles such as plug in prius, Volvo V60, Smart ED, Outlander.

No mention of Type 3.

Not all Tesla stations will support battery swap.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks David.

Those topics are noted :) but I just want to explain something for everyone's benefit...

It would be great if we (Sally and I) were experts in every aspect of EVs, familiar with every model, fully understood all the technical aspects... however, obviously, we don't!

There is so much we would like to add but to be honest, it is only just started (2 weeks old) and we had to start somewhere so we started with what we already knew. I think it has quite a lot already considering it is only 2 weeks old.

You are quite right though, we have only scratched the surface... well, not even started scratching the surface to be honest. This is a project that could take months or even years with only two of us working on it to get even the basics up especially as most of the topics you mention we actually know almost nothing, or more likely completely nothing, about!

So I take any criticism that stuff is missing but that is totally inevitable at this stage - isn't it?

The EV Wiki is there for everyone but I know that it cannot be created solely by us. We don't have the knowledge necessary and that is the very power of a Wiki rather than a web site - it is the sum knowledge of those that create it. If we are the only two ever to add to it then it is a foregone conclusion that the only information on it will be what we personally know... and that isn't much in the scale of EVs. If we all want the Wiki to be wide-ranging and comprehensive then it must have input from others.

We created the Wiki for the EV community and if the EV community thinks it is worth having then at some point the EV community is going to have to join in. Sally and I will do all we possibly can to add stuff that is missing but that means that for every topic that we want to add with which we have no personal knowledge we have to learn about it enough to at least know what to include. If you know about something that is missing then the best way to help the Wiki, and the best way to share that knowledge with the EV community, is to add the page yourself. You will be the expert we cannot be. If you really do not want to learn how to update the Wiki then write the page contents and send it to us at [email protected] and we willl add it for you.

We will do our best to add any topic you suggest but please recognise that it is quite likely that even after us researching we may still not know much about it. You might be much more knowledgable that us in which case surely you would be the better person to add to the Wiki.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget everyone to use the search will you. You may find that there is more there than you think :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts