Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I wanted to post an alert to all who may be within UK and have a G-Wiz car.

I ordered parts from EV Workshop about 6 months ago, received an Invoice and sent the money through PayPal.

After about 3 months it was clear i wouldn't receive anything as the phone call was constantly rejected, any E-bay message was ignored and the last time i was in contact with the person called Ric i listened to a sad story about a "motorcycle accident" and after that just silence with no phone replies, E-mail replies or anything for that matter.

I was even a member on their forum and posted some tips there about fixing a car but it seems that suddenly my IP is banned from there as well.

Funny thing is that a year ago i did receive a part i ordered so i did order more items. I don't know what happened and i honestly don't care. I am down 700 GBP with this guy and no parts to show for it.

I just wanted everyone to know that this guy is still selling stuff on E-bay and here are some links to his products:

Reva G-Wiz Full Service,On site or in our workshop

Reva G-Wiz Battery Pack .SPECIAL OFFER NEW STOCK IN NOW ONLY £1,250 FITTED

Reva G-Wiz,A/C Drive Electric Car, New batteries with a 2 Year warranty

Seems there are already posts on E-bay about him selling items that aren't even his so i just wanted to point that out. Hope no one sends this crook any money in the future cause the EV community is small as it is and the last thing it needs is scammers like that. Really sad to see.

·
The best there is at what I do
11,149 Posts
After more than 3 months? If i can then i definitely will try but i doubt i will ever see that money again.
If you pay with Pay Pal and don't receive the parts within a reasonable length of time (7 days) I'd raise a case straight away, you can always cancel it if you receive the bits.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
After more than 3 months? If i can then i definitely will try but i doubt i will ever see that money again.
Assuming that you used a credit card to pay PayPal (who then in turn paid the seller) then pursue this with the credit card company.

I did this a couple of years back - PayPal were not interested as it was outside their 30 day limit, but Amex immediately reversed the charge and gave me my money back. (This was a case of buying software which turned out to be counterfeit).

·
Registered
870 Posts
not sure but he has a very good customer (b***e) giving him feedback how many times?

quick service and great communication
b***e ( 151
)
During past year
SPLIT PIN (#121744270716) £0.99

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny how as soon as i filed a Claim on PayPal, the guy immediately replied with a tracking number to PayPal claims. 6 months no reply and now he is alive and well. After checking the tracking number, it was an old tracking number for a different package to a different person.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Funny how as soon as i filed a Claim on PayPal, the guy immediately replied with a tracking number to PayPal claims. 6 months no reply and now he is alive and well. After checking the tracking number, it was an old tracking number for a different package to a different person.
Typical delaying tactic. Forces you to respond again as if you don't then PayPal close the case as resolved.

·
Registered
418 Posts
PayPal work very much in the buyer's favour in cases like this. In fact, there is a scam that can catch out honest sellers of high value items, where a buyer offers to collect the item to avoid postage charges. If you agree and hand over the item your front door, even if you get them to sign a receipt and take a snapshot then holding the item and smiling... PayPal don't care, so when the dishonest buyer then files a claim with PayPal saying they never received the item, if you haven't got a proof of postage to show them, then you're right out of luck.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
PayPal don't care, so when the dishonest buyer then files a claim with PayPal saying they never received the item, if you haven't got a proof of postage to show them, then you're right out of luck.
This is exactly why I closed by EBay and PayPal accounts years ago, it just wasn't worth the hassle to sell my old stuff any more. It goes to people at work or to the charity shops now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just been scammed by this man too. He had my car for over a month. He'd had it taken away (his driver ripped it out of my wall still plugged in) to investigate the problems I was having with the new battery he had sold me last year and which has never worked properly. He had it taken away and then he seemed to almost fall off the earth. It was very very difficult to get hold of him. Eventually he returned a call saying there was nothing wrong with his battery and that I had cracked the motor. He said the battery was only faulty now because of the motor which was my fault. He refused to do anything and said I would now have to pay £392 to get my car back. Reader, I paid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny enough I have had the opposite experience with Ric of EV Workshop. He has been maintaining my wiz for a number of years now. Admittedly I have never ordered any parts from him but have always had great work and good value from him. Only this week, I returned home from a stay in hospital to find my EMS had finally given up the ghost, it has been playing up for a while now. After explaining that I couldnt drive for a few weeks due to the surgery and my wifes only transport was her g-wiz he was over in a flash, supplied an exchange ems at a very fair price and got us out of trouble. I have no complaints what so ever.

Bob . ps. I'm not one of Rics mates saying all this. I run the Vintage microcars forum
vintagemicrocarsandbubblecars.freeforums.org • Index page

·
Registered
294 Posts
Funny enough I have had the opposite experience with Ric of EV Workshop. He has been maintaining my wiz for a number of years now. Admittedly I have never ordered any parts from him but have always had great work and good value from him. Only this week, I returned home from a stay in hospital to find my EMS had finally given up the ghost, it has been playing up for a while now. After explaining that I couldnt drive for a few weeks due to the surgery and my wifes only transport was her g-wiz he was over in a flash, supplied an exchange ems at a very fair price and got us out of trouble. I have no complaints what so ever.

Bob . ps. I'm not one of Rics mates saying all this. I run the Vintage microcars forum
Bob, most people's first post is to introduce themselves, not to resurrect a nine month old thread (how did you find it?) You'll have to forgive anyone who thinks you are Ric's mate. Or Ric.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts

But thanks for bringing the thread back to the top of the feed for everyone to read it again :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.