Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I decided to join the club.
I own an Evalia (Nissan e-nv200 7 seater).
The most important additions so far is a swivel seat (passenger side, which is awesome and I do recommend you get one if you happen to relax and eat in your car from time to time) and then a 230V inverter.
I use it ti fry eggs with my induction cooker, and use tools like plunge saws and miter saws when there is no power outlet available.
Works like a charm!

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Nissan e-NV200 Combi 40 kWh
164 Posts
Welcome! There is an e-NV200 forum here, and it is worth reading some of the posts in the LEAF forum, too. So far, all I have modified in my Evalia is to take out the back two seats for more space when I don't need more than 5, and to change the interior lights for warm-white LEDs rather than hot, dim filament bulbs. How is your inverter fixed into place? What power rating?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark, I replaced those filament bulbs too, but used bright ones instead (and added very small step down modules in order to limit the voltage to 11,5V (makes the LEDs run cooler and prevents wear).

The inverter is screwed onto an aluminum plate (which is visible on the photo), and that same plate was used to hold the circuit breaker, or resettable fuse rather (250A or so).
I used rivets to fix brackets onto the plate, and that permitted the whole thing to be bolted to the frame; without drilling any new holes, I used existing ones.

This particular inverter has a continuous power rating of 2500W, and 4k for a few seconds (half a minute). But I never get over 2200W anyways, and since this device has an integrated soft-start mode, even high power motors from tools do not seem to cause any issue: I've used different woodworking tools for a day.

Regarding the 2 rear seats, well I have to remove them soon too but until now I only watched a how-to video :) From what I saw there is this plastic cover to snap off, in order to access the bolts.

·
Registered
Nissan e-NV200 Combi 40 kWh
164 Posts
Regarding the 2 rear seats, well I have to remove them soon
See How to remove third row seat in ENV200 Evalia 40kWh model or
Congratulations on your Evalia.

I've taken out the rear two seats, but not needed to replace them yet. Taking out was easy, once I worked out how to unclip the two plastic covers over the two fixing nuts (for each seat). The service manual pages SE-50 to SE-51 have a very detailed parts diagram and concise instructions.

Tools required to remove: 14 mm socket and handle, and something to unclip the plastic cover. To replace: ideally use a torque wrench set to 59 N m (6.0 kg-m or 44 ft-lb).

With the seat down, unclip the curved plastic cover over the back nut, then use something to unclip the longer cover over the middle part of the hinge. I found something to hook under its outside edge, to lift and flip. That exposes two steel nuts on the ends of studs coming up from the wheel arch and through the seat hinge. Undo both. Unclip the seat's middle floor fixing and lift away the whole seat.

I clipped the two plastic covers back onto the seat, and put the two nuts back on their studs in the car, so that there are no loose bits left to get separated in storage.

The service manual says that for replacing the seat, clip the seat into its floor fixing first, then tighten the front bolt before the rear bolt. As noted, I haven't needed to do this yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hood Motor vehicle Office equipment Bumper Automotive exterior

This is the very first attempt of a glass fiber/resin cover for the inverter. It was intended as a splash water protection, but right now it's more against dust since hardly any water seems to come near that place.
The fit is tight, it does not wiggle nor does it come off by itself while driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was during the mounting process: the brackets are fitted with rivets and the inverter is screwed on (on this picture you can see the 4 holes):
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

(the hammer was... big enough! just in case you wondered)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And that's where the cables are stored: close to the charging ports!
A netting has been added on-top, just in case.

I found this metal plate in a hardware store and by chance it did fit perfectly. A few brackets, and voilà:

Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts