Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

I have seen different reports using google search and thought I would ask here. Apparently, there are differences between the e-UP and the SEAT with the charger on-board. So, I would like to ask if anyone has been successful with the new 2021 e-UP charging on 3 phases at 7.3kw?

We are thinking to put an EVBOX at the office. We actually have two e-UPs now. One is the 2nd generation from 2018. We also have one of the new models from 2021. I know the docs say the new models are double charging. But, we wanted to see what others have installed. Single-phase, 3 phase, and what capacity. EVBOX website is showing information from the 2016 or 2nd gen model I believe and not the latest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello;

I have seen different reports using google search and thought I would ask here. Apparently, there are differences between the e-UP and the SEAT with the charger on-board. So, I would like to ask if anyone has been successful with the new 2021 e-UP charging on 3 phases at 7.3kw?

We are thinking to put an EVBOX at the office. We actually have two e-UPs now. One is the 2nd generation from 2018. We also have one of the new models from 2021. I know the docs say the new models are double charging. But, we wanted to see what others have installed. Single-phase, 3 phase, and what capacity. EVBOX website is showing information from the 2016 or 2nd gen model I believe and not the latest.
Hi , I’m charging my 2019 seat mii using the charger which came with it , it’s fine charges overnight no problem.
this is our first EV so we can get by for now but when we get our next one we will certainly use a wall box.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , I’m charging my 2019 seat mii using the charger which came with it , it’s fine charges overnight no problem.
this is our first EV so we can get by for now but when we get our next one we will certainly use a wall box.
Yes, that works for us now 6 years here in Nice. We use the city charge points (free for 2h) and all the shopping centers have free charging too. Sometimes we let the e-UP go over the night with the domestic charge (at home) when needed. But the new e-UP has 2x battery and we think to expand our radius of driving (was 50km which is fine more or less). But if we go further into Italy on the weekends, and return home drained, the EV Box might be convenient.

We also see a big increase in EVs here; in general, All those points to charge I mentioned above were deserted for the previous years; most of the parked cars were diesel cars stealing a slot. Now we find many Zoe and Telsa's filling them up in the last 12 months. That means the free part will stop soon, as people dump their car there and go off to work all day.

So, now France has a rebate to put in the EV boxes, and that lead me to get a proposition. I heard back from EVBOX/ENGIE and indeed the unit will be 3 phases. But the 2016 e-UP (we have one of those and the 2021 too), will use the single pole. So, it seems that the system will work fine with either of the models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s is very interesting, I think you are right charging points probably won’t keep up with demand .
We live just North of Ales , about 40km North as the crow flies in a rural location . Most small villages in the region have charging pods, although we haven’t used one yet only having the Seat Mii plus for just a month so far , it is I think very very similar to the VW Up. I’ve register though with Freshmile , I like their plan and the fact one can only use what is available on credit amount in the account.
We have three cars including the Mii , the idea for us is it’s just for local trips so far , to Ales , we can normally make three trips before charge is needed , if we go further , so far we take another car to avoid range anxiety. One of our other cars is a VW California, it is very useful at the moment on a longer trip because we can cook in it and it has a small porta loo if the need arises . Ideal as no restaurants are open .
We will change the California when a viable EV version arrives, maybe 3 or 4 years ? Solid state batteries ?
Our plan is to be a zero carbon household, this year probably we will install Solar panels , their are a few charging options offered with this installation. We will certainly take one of them when we get the panels.
I will check to see the make they suggest , the installers are a very professional company, they also have a division installing the actual commercial charging stations in towns . I think they recommend EV box too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s is very interesting, I think you are right charging points probably won’t keep up with demand .
We live just North of Ales , about 40km North as the crow flies in a rural location . Most small villages in the region have charging pods, although we haven’t used one yet only having the Seat Mii plus for just a month so far , it is I think very very similar to the VW Up. I’ve register though with Freshmile , I like their plan and the fact one can only use what is available on credit amount in the account.
We have three cars including the Mii , the idea for us is it’s just for local trips so far , to Ales , we can normally make three trips before charge is needed , if we go further , so far we take another car to avoid range anxiety. One of our other cars is a VW California, it is very useful at the moment on a longer trip because we can cook in it and it has a small porta loo if the need arises . Ideal as no restaurants are open .
We will change the California when a viable EV version arrives, maybe 3 or 4 years ? Solid state batteries ?
Our plan is to be a zero carbon household, this year probably we will install Solar panels , their are a few charging options offered with this installation. We will certainly take one of them when we get the panels.
I will check to see the make they suggest , the installers are a very professional company, they also have a division installing the actual commercial charging stations in towns . I think they recommend EV box too.
I have no direct experience yet with EVBOX, but see good reports. I will let everyone know if we get that approved and installed. We have to go through the building syndic first....

I can say the charge points in the garages and shopping centers are faulty, quite often. The LCD screens are "whacked" and they seem to need a reboot. So, I can say it always to me appears to be bad software vs physical equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts