Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been an EVDA Member for only a month, but I'm very aware that I am hearing nothing?

Matt has indicated that he has a fair good number of registered members - but I'm not seeing any activity - currently? OK they may be working of the OLEV CforE - but ever there i see no indication on progress.

If we are going to have a 'users group' - then it has to be 'active' and if possible 'pro active'?

Drive ON!

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Brian, you seem to be making your way around the web spreading negative messages about the EVDA anywhere that will listen. If there is anything guaranteed to make a group fail it is someone spreading this sort of message. I understand that you run a company that supplies EV expertise, and are therefore on the "manufacturer" side rather than the driver side, but I had hoped that you would be supportive.

If you wish to discuss the way that the group works, please do so in the EVDA's own forum.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I posted the same question in 3 communities (same text) and I have not wanted to get into a dialogue about it. I have responded on EVDA only. I may have suggestions, but it more from the context of knowledge transfer networks, in which I have some background. I reject the suggestion that I am, in any way, on the manufacturers side.
However, let's see if there any responses first?
Drive ON?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Brian, if you don't want to get into a dialogue then why did you post on a chat forum? I am confused!

Surely this is using the forum as a mouthpiece instead of what I see a forum for... as a discussion group.

I was very pro EV Matters at first but I have to be honest and say that I personally don't see this kind of action... I see it as unfriendly.

Matt and the others at the EVDA-UK have worked hard to get it off the ground but they are volunteers and have jobs, families etc. I don't like the idea of EDVA bashing. Sorry.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My objective has been to see how EVDA was perceived by these groups. Was EVDA relating to their needs? Did they know what EVDA was involved in.

Well there were no responses except the 2 contributors to this thread. So what should we infer - quite a lot really. Apathy - there are no views as to what EVDA is doing, has done or might do in the future?

So in that context is EVDA viable - where does its mandate come from and to whom is it accountable?

EV Matters is not saying anything against EVDA or it's 'officers'. Their is clearly a conundrum here - but I don't think you can denigrate EV Matters for pointing it out.

EV Matters is considering whether the 'grouping' that the EV community needs has a completely different 'footprint' - a wider membership and an audience that is immediately inclusive of other stakeholders.

EV Matters is looking at some form of Knowledge Transfer 'network' - actually we can use 'network', or 'partnership' as such entities do exist - and funded by DTI. I've run a successful KTN, in the aviation sector - and joined up industrials, academics and SMEs. Such an organisation would achieve credibility and be able to participate in research and influence future government policy.

EV Matters considers it undesirable for EVDA to respond to many of the complex questions being posed in the OLEV Call for Evidence. EV Matters considers that there is no merit in answering questions about technologies, research programmes - or indeed social impacts, without access and deep understanding of the published papers (Govt, academic or the societal context)?

EVDA's credibility is on the line with this submission to OLEV. However, EV Matters will not be adjudicating - OLEV will based their future relationship with the EV driver community based on the wisdom detected in the EVDA input.

Drive ON!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
My tuppence is yes it's viable but it has to be driven hard and focused, I find it's currently very unclear. Communication to the wider public is key if they want to engage average EV owners, or keeping it behind closed doors if they'd rather drive their own agendas, not somewhere in between.

·
Banned
558 Posts
My tuppence is yes it's viable but it has to be driven hard and focused, ...
What could/ should have happened here is those involved in EVDA come up with their 'messages' as to what EVDA 'is', is doing and plans to do?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt I knew precious little about what EVDA - even the OLEV response was imply an 'intent'!

I sincerely hope that EV-DA will now become pro-active and that questions (such as I have made) will not be necessary.

Drive ON!

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Brian, you are a member of EVDA-UK and it has a website with its own forum (you already have membership of it). So, can I please restate my request that this discussion moves there rather than metaphorically standing in Sainbury's demanding that Tesco justify themselves!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I think this is a perfectly good forum to discuss EVDA and indeed anything relating to EVs.

We're not the official forum of Nissan, Chevrolet, OLEV or anyone, and anything important to EV owners is fair game (as long as kept civil) and that includes any group, person, or organisation who wishes to claim to want to represent EV owners.

If that group, person or company (be it Nissan, EVDA, EV Matters or Elon Musk) decide to partake in discussions here is ENTIRELY their own choice and they should feel neither obliged or to partake or that they are unable to contribute.

Above all else, keep it civil and on-topic. ;)

Thanks...

Quick edit to add the obvious, that while it's a great place to discuss these people and things, for direct engagement, it's always wisest to go direct first, for obvious reasons. ;)

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian, you are a member of EVDA-UK and it has a website with its own forum (you already have membership of it). So, can I please restate my request that this discussion moves there rather than metaphorically standing in Sainbury's demanding that Tesco justify themselves!
I have checked in with the EVDA Forum earlier this afternoon.

I don think there is much I intend to add there or here. I simply asked if EVDA was viable and I don't really mind where the answer comes from - multiple places would be better?

I'm not making any points here - the argument (such as it is) is, regrettably, way off subject? Why?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I've moved some posts out of here, edited a few lines out of others (my own, and quotes of my own) and deleted a couple of other short ones so we can keep this thread on-topic in relation to EVDA.

Any posts in THIS thread about any other subject will most likely get deleted, as I don't want to have to be moving threads all the time and doing my best to keep topics "flowing" in a logical way.

Thank you!

Paul

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EV Matters has made suggestions to EVDA about the importance of developing a Vision and a Strategy document. The 'vison' would indicate where EVDA wants to go and the 'strategy' as to how it propose to go about it! EVDA Members may wish to do this on the EVDA Forum (new); however, there is no reason why non-members cannot have their 3-bits worth here?
Anyone with experience of using (or writing) this type of document - should most certainly contribute!
Drive ON!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts