Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVDA-UK invited to BBC Radio York Breakfast Show Interview

Hot on the heels of interviews with the Sunday Mail, BBC Radio 4, and Business Car Buyer magazine, the EVDA-UK was invited into the BBC Radio York Breakfast Show Studios in York city centre last week, Andrew Fenwick-Green our Membership & Marketing Secretary met with Breakfast Show presenter,
Georgey Spanswick to discuss the lack of commitment from York Council to support the endeavours of the regions EV drivers by their failure to support the wide-scale installation of charging infrastructure.

The council are only now starting to install a few charging points around the local area and around the city centre, but the numbers of such points is very low compared to other councils in the country.

Now not all councils have embraced charging of EV's but in Yorks instance, it has caused a bleak area that effectively remains unvisitable by the average EV driver to the East Coast towns of Scarborough, Bridlington and Whitby and the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors!

It is only now with the growing Electric Highway from Ecotricity that most EV drivers can even consider entering the East coast seaside resorts of North Yorkshire and even then its a battle to find a charger and your only choice could be the use of a friendly 3 pin plug for 8 hours!

Hopefully the interview, amongst others will be broadcast one day this week, the Breakfast Show broadcasts on BBC Radio York from 6am to 9am Monday to Friday where you can also use the listen again feature.

If you feel you have issues you would like the EVDA tackle then please get in touch via [email protected] or if you would like to join and help the voice of the EV driver then please visit www.evda-uk.org/join

We look forward to working with you in the future!

EVDA-UK Committee

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nothing in the Sunday Mail as I could see - or is this an abbreviation for the Mail on Sunday, quite a different publication

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stand corrected, yes you are correct and thanks for pointing that out for me, It is of course the mail on Sunday, a paper I must admit i don't generally read!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts