Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVDA-UK OPEN LETTER TO BARONESS KRAMER REGARDS COMMENTS ON BBC RADIO 4's 'You and Yours'

Today the EVDA-UK has formally contacted the transport Minister Baroness Kramer over her comments on BBC Radio 4's 'You and Yours' regards rapid charging usage.

Please follow the link to see the open letter here.....

http://www.evda-uk.org/announcement...tement-on-the-bbc-radio-4-show-you-and-yours/

With thanks

EVDA-UK Committee.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That's a good attempt - but did anybody proof read it? It's littered with spelling and grammar errors, which does not paint a good picture.

Reactions: Duncan

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
A bit long winded but the crux of the argument seems to be there.

Imho, if it's ok to charge £7.5 for the power than current and near future EVs can draw in half an hour from infrastructure partly funded by tax payers' money, then clearly, the big 6 have nothing to be concerned about.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
ALSO PLEASE NOT WITH THE SHOUTING THREAD TITLES IT LOOKS AWEFUL. ;)

I'll edit it now, but all caps = shouting = not polite. :)

On the letter itself I largely agree with the above comments, it doesn't really read very well – could have done with some proof-reading and editing, and that is important to be taken seriously – but the general point is valid.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
The occasional user argument is so ridiculous. Is not because I mostly eat at home that when i occasionally buy a sandwich I am prepared to pay £100 for it.
Reading in the article that chargemaster is asking for more government money makes my mind boggle.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
The occasional user argument is so ridiculous. Is not because I mostly eat at home that when i occasionally buy a sandwich I am prepared to pay £100 for it.
Perhaps not, but at home maybe you get 3kW and on the road expect 50kW.

Kind of like walking in to a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and then arguing that the price should be the same as a microwave ready meal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.