Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... When locking the door using trhe little silver button on the door handle press it twice to activate the alarm.

cheers

g

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Always worth mentioning tips like this even if you think most people might know... there will certainly be others reading that don't so it is always helpful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the bonnet open and when I hit the start button the engine ran despite the battery being fully charged.I can only guess this is a maintenance function

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Dave Mathers said:
I had the bonnet open and when I hit the start button the engine ran despite the battery being fully charged.I can only guess this is a maintenance function
Yes, they've discussed that on gm-volt.com. Apparently it's a safety feature: if the car is on then whenever the bonnet is open the ICE will run so that whoever is doing maintenance knows that everything is live.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Duncan said:
Dave Mathers said:
Yes, they've discussed that on gm-volt.com. Apparently it's a safety feature: if the car is on then whenever the bonnet is open the ICE will run so that whoever is doing maintenance knows that everything is live.
As well on the 2011 & 2012 Volts there was no HOLD mode so if you had your oil changed then you needed to turn the ICE on ... and you did that by opening the hood/bonnet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts