Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been covered before but each time mine goes in for a service the MMCS is effectively reset loosing various settings including the charge and remote climate control timer settings. The difference this time was that there was an update which required a new wi-fi password to be entered. I went through the usual registration process several times to no avail even though the SSID was visible and connected to the phone using the new password.

What I hadn't realised is that I needed to download and install the newer App which appears to work with all PHEV models, the older Apps were specific to some models.

Once I had deleted the old App, installed the new and followed the on screen registrations process all was well.

May be of use to someone who is struggling as it wasn't explained and not obvious.

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
132 Posts
Not sure if this has been covered before but each time mine goes in for a service the MMCS is effectively reset loosing various settings including the charge and remote climate control timer settings. The difference this time was that there was an update which required a new wi-fi password to be entered.
I've only had my MMCS reset twice, once was the wifi password length update that you refer to. The only other time was when the traction battery was replaced under warranty. Two other services have been fine, no lost settings so your dealer is doing something wrong.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, I've had that when my PHEV went in for a service. I guess that they disconnect both the traction battery and the 12 volt battery before the service.
The main annoyance was that the MMCS lost all its radio station presets and I had to set them all up again. I've not yet had the password reset so that will be a surprise when I next get it serviced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts