Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

3861 - 3878 of 3878 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Has anyone else experienced M3 meltdown? Today the reverse camera was just a black screen, all warning noises were delivered in echo, the GPS detected speed limit for cruise control / autopilot had disappeared.
There have been a quite a few scenarios where owners of Model 3's had these kinds of issue.
There is currently a recall for a wiring loom which seems to be the root cause, it might be worth speaking to a Tesla SC.

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,702 Posts
@Paul Hopwood Yeah, I had that during my early days with the Model 3. Complete loss of sensor/camera suite and GPS. It fixed itself after being sat plugged in for a while, and hasn’t occurred since thankfully.

We all know these aren’t screwed together properly, especially the early RHD models that were rushed out to meet the end of quarter targets.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Had my Tesla from EVEYZ since August 2019 is it too late for a OLEV grant funded charger if I sign the 6 months lease today?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I have been on the waiting list since October 2019. I spoke to Evezy about my position today as their waiting list seems like a joke as I keep going up and down....

I also asked when they will be getting more vehicles and I was told that they don't know. They seem to not know anything.... They don't know if they have ordered any, will order any or will EVER order any. Has anyone else had this news?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi All

I have been on the waiting list since October 2019. I spoke to Evezy about my position today as their waiting list seems like a joke as I keep going up and down....

I also asked when they will be getting more vehicles and I was told that they don't know. They seem to not know anything.... They don't know if they have ordered any, will order any or will EVER order any. Has anyone else had this news?
Similar situation here. I've complained on their own boards, no reply. I've also replied to their waitlist position email too, no reply. I 'lost' a position this month.

I'm investigating alterantives - given that Tesla can get a new order car by August, an in stock car this weekend. So the bottleneck here is not around Tesla availability or logistics... It's Evezy.

Suggestion: trustpilot!

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,528 Posts
I asked and got added to list again for Tesla but maybe their plans not working out since not prepared to stock more cars if people are still waiting.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,868
Similar situation here. I've complained on their own boards, no reply. I've also replied to their waitlist position email too, no reply. I 'lost' a position this month.

I'm investigating alterantives - given that Tesla can get a new order car by August, an in stock car this weekend. So the bottleneck here is not around Tesla availability or logistics... It's Evezy.
Evezy’s MO is to buy vehicles heavily discounted, and then sell them when they can recoup the most of the initial cost as possible. Ideally 100%. The subscriptions pay the operating costs. When they have enough on the fleet to cover overheads, the additional ones will produce the profit.

This is how Car Rental companies finance their fleet. Manufacturers lease or sell vehicles to them at really low prices. Their vehicles are then seen around, giving the brand visibility and improved market share. People who hire and like their vehicles are more likely to buy them. Tesla doesn’t like discounting even to fleet buyers, as they can sell all they produce and don’t go in for conventional marketing. So I think evezy struggle to get Model 3s at a price they can afford to pay. Now and again Tesla daigne to throw a few vehicles their way. Evezy have no leverage whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Does this suggest they didn’t order any more after the first 3 pre order batches, and now rely on cars being handed back? I thought there were a fair few chucked back to them in April, but I guess they’ve found new homes by now.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,870
Does this suggest they didn’t order any more after the first 3 pre order batches, and now rely on cars being handed back? I thought there were a fair few chucked back to them in April, but I guess they’ve found new homes by now.
They probably have an order for more vehicles but at a price they are prepared to pay. Until Tesla sales plateau and potentially drop, there is no incentive for Tesla to accept what evezy are able to pay.

Until then, the current M3s on the fleet will just be recycled as they are handed back. But like the Jaguar ipaces, they were initially offered at such a good price that people will be reluctant to hand them back. Hence the waitlist. Having them on the website despite this just gives evezy a good window display.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hi All

That is very disheartening to hear. I’m in pole position and ordered in Sept2019 and should have had a car before Xmas. I don’t think the frontline telephone support have any idea about the fleet orders/procurement, so you need to speak with someone who does. Suggest try the Evezy own forum and copy @lily and @Rob to get it from higher up the chain.

update... ignore this as hadn’t seen follow on messages.

well if no M3P is coming my way in a couple of weeks time, will have to go to plan b.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Organised as ever, then. I thought @E7EV had a quiet word with them about transparency?

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Think I may have discovered a Plan C option also... specific for me anyway...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Think I may have discovered a Plan C option also... specific for me anyway...

I did look at this - seems their cheapest EV option though is Indigo at 1150/month for the I-Pace, and on a 90 day contract minimum and a decent £550 upfront fee. Really shows how Evezy has no challenger for the prices and flexibility they offer...

But that being said, Evezy's service is more a myth if you're on the waitlist.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I did look at this - seems their cheapest EV option though is Indigo at 1150/month for the I-Pace, and on a 90 day contract minimum and a decent £550 upfront fee. Really shows how Evezy has no challenger for the prices and flexibility they offer...

But that being said, Evezy's service is more a myth if you're on the waitlist.
Cant find out what mileage allowance is at mo, but it does include 2 drivers and european travel.
£550 is pretty steep, but is a one off.
Wonder how many more subscriptions services are due to launch this year?

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,876

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cant find out what mileage allowance is at mo, but it does include 2 drivers and european travel.
buried in FAQ

Are there mileage limits? Are there additional fees for excess mileage?
You will have a mileage limit of 1,500 miles per month. Excess mileage fees will be charged at the point of vehicle switch every 6 months if incurred. A schedule of charges are available here Charges Schedule. Also mileage is accumulative so do not worry if you do not use your full mileage allowance, the first month can be carried on into the next within a given vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fun table to compare

EvezyPivotal
Join Fee£0£550
Minimum term30 days90 days
Included Miles/month10001500
Additional driverYes – freeYes – 1 free
Europe TravelNo (to be announced)Yes
Charging IncludedYesNo
Breakdown CoverYesYes
Comprehensive InsuranceYesYes
Sample EV offerTesla M3P – old price £799
Tesla M3P – current price £999