Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2653 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Had my Quickstart guide through :) looks like you need to use the Tesla Keycard each time you start up the car so I suspect I won't use the app too much to lock/unlock the car, just have the keycard in my wallet and tap it on the door when I want to unlock/lock it.

Looking forward to tomorrow, less than 24 hours to go!
How is the QuickStart guide sent out? Any way you could show it to us in this thread?

·
Registered
60 Posts
How is the QuickStart guide sent out? Any way you could show it to us in this thread?
Had it through via email this afternoon so within 24 hours of delivery, it's a 10 page pdf doc which runs through all the key bits of info, but the key is the main difference between this and other Evezy cars from what I can see.

Attachments

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
@thomas day a video of you eating your hat please :ROFLMAO: You never really believed you would have to wait until Xmas for your M3 did you? Knowing evezy read these threads, it was a ploy to get your car early wasn’t it? Go on, tell us when it’s being delivered;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Had my Quickstart guide through :) looks like you need to use the Tesla Keycard each time you start up the car so I suspect I won't use the app too much to lock/unlock the car, just have the keycard in my wallet and tap it on the door when I want to unlock/lock it.

Looking forward to tomorrow, less than 24 hours to go!
So you don't need to use the Evezy app to lock/unlock? Can you just use the Tesla app instead or would you need to use the keycard?

Edit: Didn't see the guide posted. Ignore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Had it through via email this afternoon so within 24 hours of delivery, it's a 10 page pdf doc which runs through all the key bits of info, but the key is the main difference between this and other Evezy cars from what I can see.
Thanks for this ... very useful

·
Registered
403 Posts

The keycard will only unlock the door where you touch, so this mean touching drivers door walking around to passengers door and touching again.

Not 100% on that but believe so. I will let you know in a couple of hours.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The keycard will only unlock the door where you touch, so this mean touching drivers door walking around to passengers door and touching again.

Not 100% on that but believe so. I will let you know in a couple of hours.
That's not how it works. There's only one NFC card reader and that's on the driver-side pillar. It unlocks and locks the entire car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's not how it works. There's only one NFC card reader and that's on the driver-side pillar. It unlocks and locks the entire car.
There's also one on the centre console, in front of the centre armrest - that's the one you tap the card on for the car to start up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So those of you that already have your M3s through Evezy, what options have you gone for at home for charging? As the Superchargers and Polar Plus are included in the subscription do you need any more than a standard 3-pin plug charge at home? I have a 60-mile round trip for work most days.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So those of you that already have your M3s through Evezy, what options have you gone for at home for charging? As the Superchargers and Polar Plus are included in the subscription do you need any more than a standard 3-pin plug charge at home? I have a 60-mile round trip for work most days.
I used to have a Mercedes C350e plug-in hybrid so I went with the Pod Point 7kw charger on my driveway, the tethered one so it's quick to plug in without faffing about with cables from the boot - found that one pretty good overall. Also got a Rolec 3.2kw unit in my garage so my meter box is rather crowded with cabling!

·
Registered
60 Posts
My phone touch screen just decided to fail on me - many reboots later and no dice. So much stress in a short period!

Thankfully I work for a mobile network so found another iPhone to use but how is that for timing..! I can see my details on the Evezy site now and also on the app but no sign of the delivery driver. Assuming they'll do a handover of sorts rather than just leaving it parked somewhere nearby!

·
Registered
158 Posts
My phone touch screen just decided to fail on me - many reboots later and no dice. So much stress in a short period!

Thankfully I work for a mobile network so found another iPhone to use but how is that for timing..! I can see my details on the Evezy site now and also on the app but no sign of the delivery driver. Assuming they'll do a handover of sorts rather than just leaving it parked somewhere nearby!
You couldn’t make that up! Sod’s law at play.
Glad you’ve got a spare, let us know how the handover goes, I hope they don’t just dump it in your road and wander off.

Are people downloading Tesla’s own app too? Are we going to need it to run alongside the EVezy app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
You couldn’t make that up! Sod’s law at play.
Glad you’ve got a spare, let us know how the handover goes, I hope they don’t just dump it in your road and wander off.

Are people downloading Tesla’s own app too? Are we going to need it to run alongside the EVezy app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was wondering that too. Sorry, newbie questions but as we're going through Evezy do we even get a Tesla account or are updates etc carried out through an Evezy account?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My assumption is that Evezy have access to the Tesla account details and won't share these, that's why they're trying to replicate everything in their own app directly. So we miss out on the auto locking/unlocking with the phone working in the background as a key, plus we'll need to tap the keycard on the NFC reader in the car to start it, but otherwise it sounds like it should be fairly similar. Hopefully once the car has turned up I can confirm!

Still no sign of the car, the location in the Evezy app just says "Evezy" with an address of Evezy, Home Delivery, UK, N7 9AH - so I'm assuming it's still somewhere enroute!

·
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
@Aesthete any news? The suspense is killing us!

41 - 60 of 2653 Posts