Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Evezy will soon be looking for beta testers for their new keyless (and opening app-less) locking and unlocking system. I think new hardware will need to be added to the vehicle, and then it will open/lock when you approach/leave it with your mobile phone on you. You will not need to open the evezy app, connect to the car via BT and then select lock/unlock.

This will be a great feature which will mean there will be no disadvantage due to not having the key card.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
51 Posts
Evezy will soon be looking for beta testers for their new keyless (and opening app-less) locking and unlocking system. I think new hardware will need to be added to the vehicle, and then it will open/lock when you approach/leave it with your mobile phone on you. You will not need to open the evezy app, connect to the car via BT and then select lock/unlock.

This will be a great feature which will mean there will be no disadvantage due to not having the key card.
I'm not too sure about being disadvantage-free... For some models, key card allows you to pre-heat, open charging port etc.. Key-less opening does not facilitate that.

Also some problems might come when car is opening if you go to your front room, have it parked in from of a shop you might visit, if you live in flats/ground floor...

I think it's a good idea, but a difficult one to implement due to the high variability of factors involved (different Bluetooth range, different phone brands, structural barriers that might not block the signal and so on...). Personally I'd rather see them implementing some kind of energy consumption history than keyless entry tbh, but every update is welcomed and I'm glad they are moving forward.

·
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I'm not too sure about being disadvantage-free... For some models, key card allows you to pre-heat, open charging port etc.. Key-less opening does not facilitate that.

Of course the proof of the pudding...but with the Zoe, you can preheat/cool the car with the feature button on the evezy app.

·
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Also some problems might come when car is opening if you go to your front room, have it parked in from of a shop you might visit, if you live in flats/ground floor...
I’m sure the range will be similar to Auto Unlock with the key card, so no difference there.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts