Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Evezy will soon be looking for beta testers for their new keyless (and opening app-less) locking and unlocking system. I think new hardware will need to be added to the vehicle, and then it will open/lock when you approach/leave it with your mobile phone on you. You will not need to open the evezy app, connect to the car via BT and then select lock/unlock.

This will be a great feature which will mean there will be no disadvantage due to not having the key card.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
67 Posts
Evezy will soon be looking for beta testers for their new keyless (and opening app-less) locking and unlocking system. I think new hardware will need to be added to the vehicle, and then it will open/lock when you approach/leave it with your mobile phone on you. You will not need to open the evezy app, connect to the car via BT and then select lock/unlock.

This will be a great feature which will mean there will be no disadvantage due to not having the key card.
I'm not too sure about being disadvantage-free... For some models, key card allows you to pre-heat, open charging port etc.. Key-less opening does not facilitate that.

Also some problems might come when car is opening if you go to your front room, have it parked in from of a shop you might visit, if you live in flats/ground floor...

I think it's a good idea, but a difficult one to implement due to the high variability of factors involved (different Bluetooth range, different phone brands, structural barriers that might not block the signal and so on...). Personally I'd rather see them implementing some kind of energy consumption history than keyless entry tbh, but every update is welcomed and I'm glad they are moving forward.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I'm not too sure about being disadvantage-free... For some models, key card allows you to pre-heat, open charging port etc.. Key-less opening does not facilitate that.

Of course the proof of the pudding...but with the Zoe, you can preheat/cool the car with the feature button on the evezy app.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Also some problems might come when car is opening if you go to your front room, have it parked in from of a shop you might visit, if you live in flats/ground floor...
I’m sure the range will be similar to Auto Unlock with the key card, so no difference there.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Saw my first ZE50 “in the wild” today. White, and just around the corner from me. Stopped along side to have a brief chat. He picked it up two days ago. He was with a 99 year old lady and they were taking a trip down memory lane. Literally. The lady had lived in that street some years previously, and they were trying to identify the exact house. Love how she looks (ZOE, not the ninety nine year old) especially the new rear light clusters.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Saw my first ZE50 “in the wild” today. White, and just around the corner from me. Stopped along side to have a brief chat. He picked it up two days ago. He was with a 99 year old lady and they were taking a trip down memory lane. Literally. The lady had lived in that street some years previously, and they were trying to identify the exact house. Love how she looks (ZOE, not the ninety nine year old) especially the new rear light clusters.
Won’t be long now and you will be in a ZE50. ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone heard if the company that does the hardware fitting for evezy have started working again yet? The cars in Southampton have been getting delivered to the dealers for a couple of weeks now so I guess that's all we are waiting for now.

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
evezy code: cb7e3
6 Posts
Hello good morning.

Any idea of
Has anyone heard if the company that does the hardware fitting for evezy have started working again yet? The cars in Southampton have been getting delivered to the dealers for a couple of weeks now so I guess that's all we are waiting for now.
It would also be helpful to know how many Zoes Evezy has in the UK. All the 200 they ordered? Or just a few of those for now?

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Hello good morning.

Any idea of

It would also be helpful to know how many Zoes Evezy has in the UK. All the 200 they ordered? Or just a few of those for now?
When I asked I was told a “small number” but they wouldn’t go any further in giving even a rough idea of how small is small.

Reactions: BenB

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
They might also be having issues in getting the hardware devices delivered by the manufacturers. There are several third party companies involved. Hardware manufacturer, dash cam manufacturer and company that fits these devices. So at least three companies that all need to be up and running before any vehicles can be delivered by a fourth business.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

Reactions: BenB

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Nice boot tidy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just spoke to George on the live chat and unfortunately there have been no updates on the ZE50s and their delivery yet.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just spoke to George on the live chat and unfortunately there have been no updates on the ZE50s and their delivery yet.
Bummer... think the same seems to be true for Telsa M3's even though another boatload of ~2000 is unloading at Southampton today.

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
44B0447D-61AB-4D16-846A-8B5518962BA9.png

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Evezy will give an update next week about delivery. Hope it’s good news, although if it was, wouldn’t they just deliver the car rather than send an update :unsure:

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

·
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

·
Zoe Devotee
8,830 Posts

0-60 (0-100kph) hampered by overly slow power delivery? Not a single chirp of traction control, this is reminiscent of the MK1. Just a littl bit too slow in giving you full power.

But surprised by all the suspension thump too, was the owner running high PSI in their tyres? (although then you would expect some wheel spin if they were).

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,148 Posts
Just received email update saying:

The Zoe ZE50 is almost here! Deliveries will start the last week of July and we have enough cars coming in for everyone on the waiting list. We will be in touch with you in the next couple of weeks to book it in. Exciting times!”

141 - 160 of 167 Posts