Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm. I'm stuck at an evolt charger. Type 2 locked into charger at charger e. No emergency.stopbutton. Can't get through to cps. Is there any way to force the charger to release?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
195 Posts
Hmmm. I'm stuck at an evolt charger. Type 2 locked into charger at charger e. No emergency.stopbutton. Can't get through to cps. Is there any way to force the charger to release?
try restarting the charge, turning car on and off etc, wiggle the chargeplug (sometimes if the plug goes in at a slight angle it has trouble releasing the locking mechanism)?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks! Finally got through after 90 mins to cps. They ended up turning the charger on and off again, but no joy. Looks like I'm here for a while! At least it's a nice day! Thanks again

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe Signature Nav R90 ZE40 Diamond Black Metallic
287 Posts
I’ve generally found that removing the charge cable from the car first indicates to the charger that charging has ended, the charger then unlocks the cable. How did you get on? I have heard of others having to drive away and leave the cable behind!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for asking!

We had to leave the cable behind in the end even though CPS did everything they could remotely. Still hopeful of getting it back as it's a 10 metre one and only a couple of months old. CPS indicated we should be able to arrange that with the manufacturer once they've liberated it.

I've sent a complaint to CPS along these lines:
1. Why did it take over 60 minutes to get through to an operator?
2. Why did the operators not have consistent knowledge of procedures? (The first two we spoke to said the manufacturer would call us and we spent over an hour sitting in the car waiting, but the third said we wouldn't hear anything until Monday)
3. Why does the charger not have a manual/emergency release?

In hindsight it could have been worse - we were able to charge on a tethered rapid nearby so we weren't totally stranded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts