Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I occasionally use Yeomans Nissan in Bognor Regis to charge my car. They’ve only got two 7kw chargers, and they’re Evolt ones. I don’t have a card and someone comes out and starts the charge for me with their card. Neither they nor Yeomans in Waterlooville know where to get an Evolt charging card from. I don’t mind going in to the dealer to ask them to switch it on, but it would be a lot easier if I had a card to show to the reader and start the charge. Any ideas who I can ring to get a card? Thanks, Simon.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
No idea re Evolt. However, I thought a rapid is being installed next month. The Nissan rapids don't need a card as they start from the screen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, as it does at Waterlooville. I was told Bognor were having a refit as well, and the workshop looked new, but the girl who started the charge for me with the dealers card, knew nothing about EV's or the new faster charger that I'd been told would be fitted!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think eVolt is a charging point manufacturer, not a charging network. So there are no generally available cards you can get for it. I imagine the card(s) they use in the dealership came with the charger. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yes, as it does at Waterlooville. I was told Bognor were having a refit as well, and the workshop looked new, but the girl who started the charge for me with the dealers card, knew nothing about EV's or the new faster charger that I'd been told would be fitted!
When I went past the other day, at the front there's a new plinth with a temporary display post saying "Electric" which would be for the rapid to go on. I've got to chase the dealership about when my 40kWh eNV200 will be delivered, so I'll ask about the rapid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts