Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many EVs did I see during my 4 mile journey from work to home this afternoon?

Just near my workplace is a JLR dealership. Sometimes there’s a Jaguar ipace on the forecourt, but not today.

While walking to where I’d parked the car, a black Zoe ZE50 came down the road. The charging flap was open, and the car sported a “P” plate. Did the latter explain the former?

Further up the road, a Tesla Model X is often parked in the driveway of a house. It was there when I passed this morning, but not there this afternoon.

A few doors up was a white Zoe ZE22.

Around the corner I see a lovely Celadon blue Zoe ZE50...oh sorry, that doesn’t count, it’s mine!

I set off down that road, and spot a new VW ID3 on a driveway. Not seen it before, so must be recently acquired.

Further towards home, I pass a Tesla Model 3 going the other way, and then just before arriving at my destination, I see a lime green Hyundai Kona parked up on the side of the road.

Has anyone else seen so many EVs in such a short distance?

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Nope, but I did see a lime green Honda-e parked up in the next village whilst out cycling yesterday evening, I had to go back for another look!

I’m surprised how few I see when out and about really, and I’m often looking for them.

I always tend to see Mk1 Nissan Leaf’s at EH chargers though, but I suppose they’re pinch points.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
It's certainly gone from a once in a while "ohhh, look, look an ev" to "whatever".

Of course this is a good thing, EVs becoming mainstream and 'boring'.

Once the novelty of seeing nissan leafs wore off it was Tesla spotting. Then the model 3 killed that little game... Yeah whatever, another model 3. So it's now, ohh look, a model 3 performance. But I've now seen two in the last week, jeez, even that's getting boring.

I saw an ID3 the other day (very nice) and a peugeot 2xx00xx8????? or whatever it was (also very nice looking).

·
Registered
233 Posts
I went to the office of the electricity company in Chile a year ago. They incentivize their workers to buy electric cars, promote it, and have a 50KW charger for free to employees at their office location. The car park was full of electric cars - maybe 20 of them, mostly Ioniqs and Leafs. I easily saw more electric cars in 5 seconds than I have seen since them.

I saw a Nissan Leaf once at a charging point while driving by on the motorway. I have seen one in a car park a few times.

Apart from that, I am not sure if I can think of an occasion when I have definitely seen an electric car in the wild, i.e. actually driving along a road of parked on someone´s drive. I have seen a few Ioniqs, but probably the hybrids which look very similar.

I also saw more electric cars in a 2 week holiday to California in 2018 than I have ever seen in Chile.

So...we are a little behind. We should reach the 1000th car sold in early 2021 including PHEVs which is a minority. That´s for the entire country - cumulative sales since the first one in 2011.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
467 Posts
I was being followed by a zoe for quite a few miles, until I turned off towards a village, only to find the zoe kept following me to the village. result.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,093 Posts
I hardly see Zoes. Think I saw an MG ZS EV the other day. Early leafs are fairly common. See more model 3s than anything else. There's one model X I see. Haven't seen an S for a while. Used to see quite a few.

·
Registered
40 Leaf
146 Posts
I deliver food around my city all day using my 40 leaf, I have stopped EV spotting they are literally everywhere!

Even the more rare cars like the Ipace and the Mercedes Eqc have become a multi time daily sight, and as for model 3’s they are like dog doo now!

I think we’re gonna have to face it EV’S have gained some serious traction.

Surely that’s a great thing!! 👍

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes it's a good thing. The more of them there are the better our charging experience will eventually become.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Even when I brought my first Zoe home in late 2018, the only EVs you really saw were old Leafs, Zoe’s and Model S.

Now I see all kinds of EVs everywhere, it’s great. The Polar rapid near my home sees almost-constant use by all kinds of stuff too.

·
Registered
17,402 Posts
In the place we just moved out of, it was a block of about 40 seperate houses.

We had two EVs whilst there was another Model X and Nissan Leaf that parked up regularly. Plus one in the road.

So about 10%. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I normally play EV bingo whenever we go anywhere, with myself of course the girls couldn't give a toss about cars 🤣

Anyway when we went on a 600 mile round trip to Devon even I got bored and lost track of them did get excited when I saw a eSoul though as I'd never seen one 'in the wild' before but we saw loads of Leafs, Zoe's, Tesla's, MGs, Ioniqs, iPaces, i3s, 1 Kona, 2 Niros and an eGolf, think I saw 208 as well but I'm still not 100% sure how to tell them apart from the ICE ones.

I'd agree EV spotting is no longer a fun game in the UK but that is pretty cool, we're getting there.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yep loads of EVs around now though I remain the only BEV household on our road despite having an EV since 2011 !

1 - 20 of 41 Posts