Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you are at the arms fair this week in London.

However it’s good to see the military embracing EVs. See here a SurRon electric motorcycle on a truck:

I’ll Post anything else I see later this week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s not open to the general public. You have to apply for and be vetted before you’re able to buy tickets. It’s strictly for military personnel and people that work in the defence industry.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It’s not open to the general public. You have to apply for and be vetted before you’re able to buy tickets. It’s strictly for military personnel and people that work in the defence industry.
Is that just the UK armed forces and defence companies, or is it open to other countries, like the Saudis?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
It's nothing to do with that. If you're in the armed services then fine. I don't see why the general public would be interested. This isn't the US.
It's getting that way with the ubiquity of Armed Forces representation at every sporting event. I have a lot of Forces relatives and have the utmost respect for them, but I really dislike the US style worship that they attract from some.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It's getting that way with the ubiquity of Armed Forces representation at every sporting event. I have a lot of Forces relatives and have the utmost respect for them, but I really dislike the US style worship that they attract from some.
As I'm sure you realised, my US comment was not about the military as such, but about an interest in arms and armaments by the general public.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
At least Wallmart have stopped selling assault rifles recently. Maybe the lunacy is abating. Led by the most inspiring president....................... Maybe not, then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
TomH
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing