Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else spotted the Chevy Volts and the Tesla Model S on the US series "Almost Human"?

They are rather disguised as futuristic cars but clearly identifiable as these models.

Anyone else seen any other EVs on TV series?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Has anyone else spotted the Chevy Volts and the Tesla Model S on the US series "Almost Human"?

They are rather disguised as futuristic cars but clearly identifiable as these models.

Anyone else seen any other EVs on TV series?
Haven't looked up the episode online yet,but someone posted a screenshot of an i3 shown in a "Future" scene in "Big Bang Theory",S7..(edit) yep,seen it since..
OT,being Movies,but there was an Aptera spotted in the First Abrams "Star Trek" Reboot, and in keeping with the Green theme of the "Cornetto Trilogy","The World's End" featured some blatant Ampera Plugs..

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's going back a bit, but there was a Leaf in Fringe: 30 second video here. Some people got very het up at the product placement angle, I was quite pleased to see it as it wasn't long after we bought ours!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
It's going back a bit, but there was a Leaf in Fringe: 30 second video here. Some people got very het up at the product placement angle, I was quite pleased to see it as it wasn't long after we bought ours!
I actually "LOLed", how clunky was that!? Up there with Wayne's World and the James Bond "watch on the train" scene. I didn't even notice when watching the show. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Volt was in Dallas

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I watched the series about a year back,and thought at the time the lingering camera angles were quite blatant... ;)

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
In the latest Who Do You Think You Are there are a couple of establishing shots at about 30 minutes in (here) and in the second one a Leaf can be clearly seen driving past. This is noteworthy because it is an EV that appeared in a TV programme simply because it happened to be there, rather than a deliberate choice.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
In the latest Who Do You Think You Are there are a couple of establishing shots at about 30 minutes in (here) and in the second one a Leaf can be clearly seen driving past. This is noteworthy because it is an EV that appeared in a TV programme simply because it happened to be there, rather than a deliberate choice.
Any Top Gear presenters pushing it? ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Took a look at James May's show on cars on Iplayer where he takes a look at the microcar phenomenon...the Peel bubblecar he's checking out is the rebooted EV version,not the original ice...

·
Registered
661 Posts
watched Transcendence last night, OK film, total LEAF scene in it though!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Took a look at James May's show on cars on Iplayer where he takes a look at the microcar phenomenon...the Peel bubblecar he's checking out is the rebooted EV version,not the original ice...
There was a shot of the guy in Copen passing a car the same as my first car, a Van den Plas Princess (couldn't tell if it was the 1100 or 1300 though.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts