Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a feature I would want to have in my first EV. From research, Kia and Hyundai do not offer this but Leaf does. Zoe seems to have but not very reliable. Any other suggestions? Yes i know it hits range but comfort is more important. Car will be used in UK and France. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The BMW i3 has it, though I've used it rarely.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes, leaf does it and is very comfortable. I would say, with EVs, that the leaf is the car that you should use as a baseline to measure the others from. In my opinion it scores well for comfort, cost, practicality, looks and size and you need a good reason for not making it your first choice. It's the Ford Focus of EVs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This is a feature I would want to have in my first EV. From research, Kia and Hyundai do not offer this but Leaf does. Zoe seems to have but not very reliable. Any other suggestions? Yes i know it hits range but comfort is more important. Car will be used in UK and France. Thanks.
We've used it on our Zoe for 2½ years without a hiccup as have many, many others. Why would you say it is unreliable?

And it doesn't affect range at all unless you start it when the car isn't plugged in. In fact it increases range, as the battery doesn't need to heat the car.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
This is a feature I would want to have in my first EV. From research, Kia and Hyundai do not offer this ....
Gosh! Can this possibly be true? It would rule them out for me then.

How about the tanks - the e-tron, EQC, iPace etc? Do they have it?

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
628 Posts
iPace has it. And I use it every day (well, not at the moment obviously)....

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
104 Posts
This is a feature I would want to have in my first EV. From research, Kia and Hyundai do not offer this
Where did you do your research? I can remotely start and stop both heating and cooling with my Kia Soul EV 2020. I can remotely change the target temperature. It doesn't have to be plugged in at the time to do this. Just posted a review of the Kia UVO app in the Kia forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts