Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap my recently purchased ENV200 for the diesel equivalent. Sadly, the real range does not stack up to the 106 mile claim even when I drive on Eco mode and the van is empty. Also, there is only 1 rapid charger in my vicinity.
I have emailed Nissan but am yet to receive a reply.
Anybody have any advice of where to start? I have been back to dealership, but have to pay £1250 to exchange for a diesel & I just can't afford that.

·
Super Moderator
12,120 Posts
t. Sadly, the real range does not stack up to the 106 mile claim even when I drive on Eco mode and the van is empty.
I'm sorry to hear that.

The NEDC range test is completely unrealistic. It is almost impossible to get that range in the real world.

I think manufacturers have to quote the NEDC range. Some also give a real range. BMW goes one step farther and also provides a "worst case" range.

Real range for an eNV 200 is more like 70-80 miles with a worst case somewhere around 60.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Indeed, more people need to come here first! At least BMW gives real numbers. Also Nissan Gateshead do too in the dealership but it's nothing official. It's possible to get in to the 30-39mile zone if you do 80mph in an ENV!

·
Registered
409 Posts
As one of the folk who advised you to go ahead, I'm sorry you're not happy with it.

Back when you were asking questions about the ENV, you anticipated 30 miles per day - the van should do twice that.

Did you get a charger at home? Is that maybe why you're struggling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry to hear that.

The NEDC range test is completely unrealistic. It is almost impossible to get that range in the real world.

I think manufacturers have to quote the NEDC range. Some also give a real range. BMW goes one step farther and also provides a "worst case" range.

Real range for an eNV 200 is more like 70-80 miles with a worst case somewhere around 60.
I am definitely getting the worst case, even when I stick to 40mph, much to the disatisfaction of all the traffic behind me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As one of the folk who advised you to go ahead, I'm sorry you're not happy with it.

Back when you were asking questions about the ENV, you anticipated 30 miles per day - the van should do twice that.

Did you get a charger at home? Is that maybe why you're struggling?

Hey, don't worry. My daily mileage expectation was naive. I do double that which leaves the van empty and means I can't take any extra work, or have a vehicle for my own purposes, e.g. go to the supermarket etc.
I have a 3kw charger, which does the trick overnight, but I struggle during the day to get around. Massive range anxiety. Plus, the local rapid charger takes 50 minutes to do less than 80% which makes it too time consuming

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's a shame.

I'm not yet in the market for ENV - will be in a year or two, hoping bigger batteries come - but too late for you.

I'm hoping someone on here might be interested in buying it off you; it can't be much more than a month (?) older than it was when you got it, so still second-user to all intents and purposes.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Does it have the 6.6 charger? Would having that fitted at home not make it better? It only takes 3 hours to charge on the 6.6. We do 150+ a day in ours and just charge them half way through the day to keep it topped up.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
That's a real shame. Did you ask the dealership what mileage you would get from the van?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,922 Posts
I am looking to swap my recently purchased ENV200 for the diesel equivalent.
I've reported your post for filthy, offensive and inappropriate content.

.....:sneaky:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Laura,
Please check something out for me, as you should be getting around 80 miles range.
It may be that the van has been set to protect the battery and only charge to 80%.
Plug in the van and when it has finished the charge, switch on the van and press the square button to scrol through the info screens and see what percentage the battery has charged to. It should be 100%.
However, if it is in battery protection mode it will only read 80%, and when my vpcan is placed in this mode my guess o meter shows 64 miles, so this may be the case with your van.

This happened to me when I bought my van, I asked the commercial dealer to charge it to 100% for me so I could drive a fair way home without needing any more stops than was required, but when I turned up the van was set to only charge to 80% so had to charge sooner and make an extra stop on the way home.

Check it out. On my Tekna van there's a blue coloured button to the bottom right hand side of the lad screen, press this and a menu appears, press settings and on there is a setting to charge to 80% on or off, sElect off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts