Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Darren
That's a real tease. What wheels, tyres and which Eibach suspension are you fitting?
I hope it achieves the look that you want without an unacceptable compromise for you.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Very nice. That looks seriously low! Have you changed the offset?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is nice. Will definitely be upgrading my wheels and lowering it at some point.

Also I see the inside section of your lights are on, can you do that on the standard lights or are those different units?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. That looks seriously low! Have you changed the offset?
That is nice. Will definitely be upgrading my wheels and lowering it at some point.

Also I see the inside section of your lights are on, can you do that on the standard lights or are those different units?
When the car auto switches off when you get out of the car. The main lights turn off after a few minutes. Leaving the led parts on

·
Registered
18 Posts
When the car auto switches off when you get out of the car. The main lights turn off after a few minutes. Leaving the led parts on
Do your centre LEDs come on when you have your headlights on or only the ones around the headlights? I’ll investigate with my car when I get off my night shift. I know the Golf R has both bits lit up, yours are but mine don’t seem to.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do your centre LEDs come on when you have your headlights on or only the ones around the headlights? I’ll investigate with my car when I get off my night shift. I know the Golf R has both bits lit up, yours are but mine don’t seem to.
These are my lights at night when the switch is set at AUTO

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Strange, mine don’t seem to do that. Maybe it’s to do with the trim level, mine doesn’t have the winter pack or anything.
Mine are the same as yours, ie the inner part doesn’t light up.

It’s a 2019MY with the winter pack and the corner lighting (which I think was standard anyway), and no other options that relate to lighting etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine are the same as yours, ie the inner part doesn’t light up.

It’s a 2019MY with the winter pack and the corner lighting (which I think was standard anyway), and no other options that relate to lighting etc.
Correct! I’ve done a bit more digging this morning, something called Dynamic Curve Lighting is an option which enables the inner “L” lights.

I’ve got an OBD11 on order so will hopefully manage to find a way to enable them.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Correct! I’ve done a bit more digging this morning, something called Dynamic Curve Lighting is an option which enables the inner “L” lights.

I’ve got an OBD11 on order so will hopefully manage to find a way to enable them.
I think Dynamic Light Assist and Light Assist both require a camera up near the rear view mirror?

It’s just VWs version of auto high beam on/off.

I can’t see on mine whether the inner light elements are ‘live’, and therefore whether it’s possible to just activate them anyway. I might get the VCDS out later and have a play. I seem to remember I found an option to disable the C DRLs and switch to Scandinavian mode (basically headlights as DRLs instead) on my old GTE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think Dynamic Light Assist and Light Assist both require a camera up near the rear view mirror?

It’s just VWs version of auto high beam on/off.

I can’t see on mine whether the inner light elements are ‘live’, and therefore whether it’s possible to just activate them anyway. I might get the VCDS out later and have a play. I seem to remember I found an option to disable the C DRLs and switch to Scandinavian mode (basically headlights as DRLs instead) on my old GTE.
Hopefully it’ll be possible to just enable the inner Ls, not bothered about the auto full beam or anything but I think it looks odd having two lights that don’t work haha.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Hopefully it’ll be possible to just enable the inner Ls, not bothered about the auto full beam or anything but I think it looks odd having two lights that don’t work haha.
I know a lot of GTI owners have tried to enable the inner light U the same as on the R model, but it required a change of headlights as the GTI inners were just plastic with no LEDs.

@buck eejit does your car have Light Assist?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, they are not physically there you have to have the dynamic light pack. I have auto high beam but it’s a different unit for the ones that use both beams at once. Mine has high beam assist.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

now you mention it. my car has the dynamic curve lighting pack

1 - 20 of 22 Posts