Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was heading home and I dropped into the local M&S food at the service station for something for dinner, on returning to my car I was greeted by a large police and traffic officer contingent, "excuse me sir is that your car" said one of the officers.

Wow I thought whats happened, has someone hit it, has it rolled forward into someone, etc etc lots of things went through my mind in a few milli seconds.

Er yes I said, is there a problem - 99.9% sure tax and insurance were all ok.

No problem we just wondered if we could take a look as never seen one before.

"phew" yes of course said I, with heart pounding in chest :)

Turns out they were all at the services for a bite to eat at the end of their shift and saw me pull up and wanted to take a closer look.

How fast will it go, I offered to race his police car if he promised not to give me a ticket but he declined :)

After all the usual questions, how long does it take to charge etc I was on my way hoping to have made a few friends in the local traffic department :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Nice story..people forget that police are just like us just doing a different job, maybe 1 day a Model S might make a police car too, it would be great, they are already using leafs for local domestic calls.

·
Super Moderator
7,699 Posts
Haha that is some positive attention :) They will spot them all over from now on, I bet!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"what's the top speed?"
"70 miles per hour, depending on the conditions of the road, traffic and other factors. Officer."
or I am not really sure since I have never exceeded 70mph under any conditions nor do I intend to find out, but thanks for asking :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
"what's the top speed?"
"70 miles per hour, depending on the conditions of the road, traffic and other factors. Officer."
I believe the official line (e.g. on car adverts) is "Where conditions allow..." (where "good conditions" = "legal", presumably!)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get the thing on the Steam Packet over to the Isle of Man. I'm sure a nice Manx policeman will take up your challenge :)
my days of doing such things are sadly behind me :)

Getting run over by the trailer of a 40ft truck on the A14 made me a much
more cautious driver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts