Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this is neither sarcastic, nor an oxymoron
My Zoe has been capricious with frequent Check Electrical System and Battery Charging Impossible alerts. it would charge at home after perseverance, but was hopeless when out and about as I never knew how long the Zoe would take to reset.

As with all intermittent problems diagnosis is difficult and, of course, the alerts were never on when it arrived at Renault. There was no choice but to work through the procedures, which they did, the first two were disappointingly unsuccessful. on both occasions the BCI/CES alerts came on before getting home. But the last radical procedure, replacing the motor, seemed to solve the problem. What did impress was that Renault's diligence in keeping the car for two days road testing and overnight charging before being confidant enough to release it.

Throughout this long and wearisome process, the workshop manager, master technician and service desk were in regular contact by phone and email, updating the diagnosis and explaining the next procedure. Exemplary service indeed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I can vouch for good service from both head office and Renault Canterbury (though they weren't very enthusiastic about selling a Zoe in the first place).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
We should do more of these. "Thumbs Up to Good Dealers". If only to prove we aren't always looking for a witch-hunt...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts