Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Taptes usb hub finally arrived from China yesterday and with earlier purchased ssd installed today. No joy! I did read somewhere that exfat format was compatible with the latest update but no icons appear on my screen when connected. I guess I need to find an iMac to change to fat32. Anyone managed to see the dashcam & sentry work with exfat? Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you creating a folder on the drive named 'TeslaCam'?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi - I got it too, and it’s all working now. Used Disk Utility on my Mac to format a Samsung T5 to FAT32 (with a Master Boot Record), and added the TeslaCam folder. It‘s very neat, and works with the TapTes Wireless Charger well, with fewer cables needed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I’ve actually been using a usb stick for 6 months with no probs at all. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any success with exfat, which most drives come with as standard. I previously had to borrow an apple laptop to convert to fat32 as I couldn’t work it out with my pc and my limited knowledge!
cheers.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,848 Posts
Thanks. I’ve actually been using a usb stick for 6 months with no probs at all. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any success with exfat, which most drives come with as standard. I previously had to borrow an apple laptop to convert to fat32 as I couldn’t work it out with my pc and my limited knowledge!
cheers.
This is what I used

1 - 7 of 7 Posts