Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a long road from initial order in Nov '17 to be told yesterday that the car has been built and now at Emden port awaiting transfer to the UK.

Only issue is, unfortunately the MOT on the scrappage car (in daily use) expires in 2-weeks.

I've enquired with the supplying dealer regarding a loan car from 5th until the GTE is available, or alternatively that they undertake the MOT and deal with any matters if necessary.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation, what was your outcome?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ordered: 27/10/17
Confirmed build: 30/04/18 or 07/05/18 depending on who you speak to
Dealer loan car since the beginning of April 18. Was also offered to get my scrapper through the MOT, but when I detailed the faults they said they'd get me a loaner without arguing.
Due to the demand for loan cars VW seems to have pushed the onus onto Dealers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had my scrappage car fixed by the dealer when it lost power and needed the turbo looking at. Labour was free, and paid 50% of the parts cost.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It has been a long road from initial order in Nov '17 to be told yesterday that the car has been built and now at Emden port awaiting transfer to the UK.

Only issue is, unfortunately the MOT on the scrappage car (in daily use) expires in 2-weeks.

I've enquired with the supplying dealer regarding a loan car from 5th until the GTE is available, or alternatively that they undertake the MOT and deal with any matters if necessary.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation, what was your outcome?
VW's stance is they will pay whatever is required to keep your current car on the road, unless a loan car works out more cost efficient for them. I wanted a loan car but they would not provide me with one unless my car broke down. It was having some issues but we couldn't find an available workshop slot that suited both sides for them to look into them. In the end I just made do until the car arrived.
My scrapper car actually lost power twice on my drive across country to the dealership, so I'm glad my car wasn't quite as late as predicted.

I had my scrappage car fixed by the dealer when it lost power and needed the turbo looking at. Labour was free, and paid 50% of the parts cost.
And you were happy to pay 50% ?! I know I wouldn't have been...
50% of the parts cost to repair a car that you should no longer be having to deal with, if you car had been delivered when agreed. That would be my thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
But the car will be scrapped!

I was in a similar position but I argued that it simply does not make sense to repair a car that is destined for the crusher. Luckily my dealership agreed and I've been driving round in a loaner car that my garage registered for me ever since, at no personal cost to me.

If I were you I would still raise it as an issue and try and get your money back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I did get the use of a dealership golf for a weeks holiday into the bargain for what was a one day fix, and i'm not eligible for VW support until May, so was the best the dealership could do apparently.( I had to bargain them down to £40 and wasn't really worth my time or the bad feeling arguing over that amount.). I agree, with your points, but VW don't listen, the dealership say they are out of pocket, Its just a shambles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer has confirmed that they will undertake the MOT foc, but "will discuss costs of any repairs/works needed to pass"

They not at all receptive to providing a loan car until the GTE turns up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts