Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 SR+
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a clear set of rules for when the free supercharging allowance from referrals expires, or is it a bit random like premium connectivity in an SR+?

I have two referrals, dated June and September last year, and 274kWh of free charging outstanding. I’ve heard that:
  • Referral miles expire after a year
  • Referral miles might expire after a year
  • Referral miles don’t expire
  • Second referrals extend the expiry date
I’m considering using a local supercharger a few times instead of home charging - my electricity is stupidly expensive at the moment and the car is a significant proportion of our demand. It’s only £40, but not much inconvenience to sit at the Service Centre and work on emails.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 SR+
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They expire, the rule seems to be 6 months, but each referral extends the time by another 6 months.

If you open the Tesla app, click on the look box, it tells you how many you have left and when they expire.
Thanks for the response. I have limited visibility in the app, probably because it’s via a company car scheme - I can only see the dates of the referrals. I can see the balance on the website, but not when they expire. Mildly annoying…

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Tesla also seemed to have extended the expiry date, at least for some, last year. I noticed that the date got extended by, I think, 6 months for mine. I assumed it was something to do with the pandemic and people not driving as much, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 SR+
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tesla also seemed to have extended the expiry date, at least for some, last year. I noticed that the date got extended by, I think, 6 months for mine. I assumed it was something to do with the pandemic and people not driving as much, but I could be wrong.
Now that you mention this, I think I heard the same. Maybe September isn’t my deadline…(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts