Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe the glossy literature that just dropped through my door. Nissan want to extend my warranty for another year for no less than £580.80.

When I looked closer there were so many exclusions it wasn't worth 580p let alone £580. Why would anyone buy this rip-off policy?

It's an e-car, the only stuff that has any moving parts are axles, suspension, steering and brakes, you can get an awful lot of that stuff done for $580.

On a 4 year old car with less than 20,000 miles what is the likelihood of major issues?

The exclusions specifically state no battery, charging or motor assemblies are covered so what is the point of it?

Thoughts anyone?

Bemused, Tony.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,213 Posts
No thank you very much. If they offer powertrain extended warranty when it expires I might consider it

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No thank you very much. If they offer powertrain extended warranty when it expires I might consider it

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos
Fat chance Dave.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would only be worth it if it was like a full manufacturers warranty like when a car is new - £580 for a part warranty is pushing the boat out a bit!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a happier note, I have just received a deposit in my account for £124.83 for the map update from Hendy/Westover Nissan. Not too bad considering it was deducted from my credit card by HERE maps on 12th December 2019 and it's now March 5th............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts