Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking at purchasing the extended warranty for my ZOE, and one of the first questions asked on the website is "Vehicle Purchase Price". There's a little "?" next to this which, when clicked, brings up a message saying "Please enter the current value of the vehicle".

What did people enter for this, since the "vehicle purchase price" is not equivalent to "the current value of the vehicle"?

Also, why not just change the question to say "Current Value of the Vehicle" if that is really what they want? :confused:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I just used the price I paid* for it. It's the only thing I've got in writing and it wasn't that far off the Autotrader figure at the time anyway.

*not that I've actually finished paying for it yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd just take the highest value you can find on Autotrader or your purchase price, which ever is the higher (my car is worth a fair bit more now than when I bought it)

I assume they will probably use it as the upper limit for the cost for the repair as that is mentioned in the warranty information so you want it set fairly high to make sure they don't wriggle out of anything that might be close to writing the car off and you would lose out big time.

I added a two and a half grand to my purchase price when it was first taken out and nothing was said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts