Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone advise?
I have a 65 plate Zoe and have the Renault extended warranty.
I think I may have a 'drop link' problem.
Can I get my trusted local garage to replace them and then claim the cost back or do I have to go to a Renault main dealer?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
337 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Should have given the warranty company a call. I was surprised when they paid out for the lower ball joint to be replaced. They coughed up for the whole wishbone as that is what Renault do.

The garage would however need to call the warranty company BEFORE doing any work at all.
If you've already paid then that goes against the warranty.

FYI. The warranty company will pay ANY vat registered company to do the work.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,580 Posts
Thanks for the replies

The phrase " having a dog and barking yourself" springs to mind.
I've paid for it and I don't want to get my hands dirty.
Did you get the tyres changed under warranty?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should have given the warranty company a call. I was surprised when they paid out for the lower ball joint to be replaced. They coughed up for the whole wishbone as that is what Renault do.

The garage would however need to call the warranty company BEFORE doing any work at all.
If you've already paid then that goes against the warranty.

FYI. The warranty company will pay ANY vat registered company to do the work.
Thanks for that.
Haven't had any work done yet, just got a feeling that something is loose underneath.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
245 Posts
Please can someone advise?
I have a 65 plate Zoe and have the Renault extended warranty.
I think I may have a 'drop link' problem.
Can I get my trusted local garage to replace them and then claim the cost back or do I have to go to a Renault main dealer?

Any advice gratefully accepted.
What makes you think droplinks? - does it make a clunk sound going over speed humps?

if you do want to attempt it yourself (but you have to get your hands dirty! :) ) ...

·
Zoe Devotee
9,302 Posts
What makes you think droplinks?
You'll soon learn the stock ones last 12-18months max. ;) But if you're happy changing them so much the better. I changed mine myself after they had been don 3 times under warranty.

Reactions: dparr59

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
537 Posts
You'll soon learn the stock ones last 12-18months max. ;) But if you're happy changing them so much the better. I changed mine myself after they had been don 3 times under warranty.
What sort of mileage were you replacing them @Sandy ? I've done about 17,500 on my 2018 ZE40, and all seems OK so far.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've done 20k over the last two years on naff roads and my drop links are still fine. The only issue in that area I've had were the anti-roll bar bushes were gripping the bar and making a god awful creaking. Once striped apart and lubed up they were fine, that was a year ago. I am still pretty sure this is the reason for any premature failing of the drop links on the Zoe.
Hmm, I did replace the lower wishbone on the passenger side but as mentioned that was under warranty and I put that down to the roads not weak parts.

If the drop links are done under warranty then if they last a year and get replaced next service who cares?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts