Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if any one knows of a company who supplies extension cables for Rolec Tethered Charge points? I have an ordered a charge point from Charged EV with a 5mtr cable but its just in case I cant get close enough to the charge point I am looking for a lead.... any assistance gratefully received..

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
Just be careful of the current rating for the lead and the requirements re earth potential differences. Try to keep any extension as short as possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments, I didn't realise that the cable is going to cost almost as much as the original install was. The shortest most companies sell is 3mtr, ideally a 2mtr would be better for me. Anyone know of anyone who will custom make one to my spec or would I be able to make one myself?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the 5m version, my charger is tethered also. I have padlocked the extension cable to the wall to stop it going walkies should someone take a fancy to it, so worth considering a longer cable. Otherwise you're going to have to pack it away each time you use it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Solarboy, where did you obtain the extension cable from?

Hopefully after our caravan has been sold, I wont need one as I will be able to get close enough but at the moment I am 2mtrs short......oops

·
Registered
92 Posts
Same link as above Simon, the review on the product page is mine :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes it can be used outside.

It's expensive but compared to the cost of the car, it's only a few quid.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have just looked online, about £140.00 posted.....either through their website or through their ebay website....

Cheers for your help...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if any one knows of a company who supplies extension cables for Rolec Tethered Charge points? I have an ordered a charge point from Charged EV with a 5mtr cable but its just in case I cant get close enough to the charge point I am looking for a lead.... any assistance gratefully received..
Hi Simon

I found this website in Australia....They have extension leads in addition to other products and services
EV Charging Stations for your Home

1 - 11 of 11 Posts