Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Zoe's thermometer seems to have gone a bit bonkers. On Monday morning it started off at -31 degrees (actual temp was around 12) and eventually settled on the right temperature after about 15 minutes driving. Today it started at 22, went down into minus figures then up again and settled on 23 when the outside temp was about 16. When I touched the temperature indicator on the screen it said Weather information not available.

Anyone else had this problem? It's not a huge deal unless it is in some way related to the air con/heater system, don't know if it is though.

Thanks, Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,271 Posts
The external temperature sensor on my Laguna failed in a similar way, and unfortunately it did use the reading to guide the heater/air con, so when it could read the cabin was actually 5 degrees, I had asked for 22 and the exterior temperature was 35 (in reality it was about 0 degrees) what did it do? Point the fans at my feet at full speed dragging in really cold air from the outside of the car. Fortunately the replacement was fairly easy, just a little sensor plugged into the drivers wing mirro.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,228 Posts
Brand new Zoe, temperature on screen says -- C. Heating is warmish. Anyone know why?
Was it working previously? If so then it might have got a bad connection so it's getting an answer that's out of the display range so it just displays -- C.

Also worth flicking it over to Fahrenheit display if it has one in case that gives you any kind of answer other than --.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Brand new Zoe, temperature on screen says -- C. Heating is warmish. Anyone know why?
Worth jiggling the cable beside the door hinges and watching the temp gauge, someone had a poor connection there before.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Was it working previously? If so then it might have got a bad connection so it's getting an answer that's out of the display range so it just displays -- C.

Also worth flicking it over to Fahrenheit display if it has one in case that gives you any kind of answer other than --.
Yeah, worked on the journey home (3 miles), but when I got in Zoe it said 15 C and then counted down as I drove. It stopped when I took SWMBO to work that night. I have tried switching but it just says -- F. @Mo1 I'll have a jiggle and see what happens. I have a long drive to my daughter's tomorrow, we'll see if it changes then. If not, I'll take it back to the dealers on Monday.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neil, mine - see original post - sorted itself out after a few days and has been as good as gold ever since. No idea why!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Mine does this sometimes when it gets really wet, must be a loose/leaky connection. Slowly drops to -39°C then --
After my handover I got in to drive home with the temperature saying 15 C, despite it being sub zero outside. It then steadily dropped during the journey until it said somewhere about 3 C on my drive. This was around 3 pm. At 6 pm I took SWMBO to work and it said -- C. It still says that and it's booked in to be looked at tomorrow.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,380 Posts
Tech talk (ignore if not interested). The -39C, then -- makes perfect sense as "under the hood" all temperatures in ZOE are stated in positive numbers, representing the real temperature plus 40. In CanZE we have to substract 40 from basically all temperatures readings we show or use. While it might sound weird it's a pretty common practice to use this "trick" to avoid negative numbers (which has several advantages).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts