Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone may be able to help.
I recently had a home charger installed and paid the amount net after getting the government grant. This was on the basis of an estimated delivery date for the car. Now I have a confirmed date for next week, do I need to provide further details?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, it's the company who installs the charger that claims the grant. I used Pod Point and they sent me OLEV grant docs to e-sign. All I had to supply was the PDF order form for the car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It cannot do any harm to supply the confirmation documentation to the installer. The OLEV grant is not paid immediately on installation. Most installers state that if it transpires that you're not eligible after installation then the company will recover the grant difference from you e.g. installed on basis of order form but car isn't delivered for some reason. I did same after ordering but my installer suggested I send the confirmation. Just means scanning and an email. Better than they chase you later. If they don't need it so what?

·
Registered
22 Posts
OLEV require a copy of the V5C, so let your installer know when you have it, and they'll take a copy..
They have to provide a copy to OLEV within 4 months of installation or they lose the grant

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just checked the OLEV form, and it's not strictly true to send on anything else.
Podpoint, who did mine, want a copy of the V5C when it arrives just to be safe. They have to be able to prove that the car was delivered, and done so within 4 months of install, otherwise the grant may be clawed back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Interesting. Mine was installed via Podpoint back in March.

A few weeks ago they sent me a series of emails asking for pictures of the driveway so that they could get it approved with OLEV.

I told them that's their problem! All the details had been previously sent before they booked the installer so I'm not sure what they were up to there...

·
Registered
52 Posts
PodPoint haven't asked for our V5. Just as well because it's got lost in the post and I have had to request a replacement.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
93 Posts
Originally the rule was they needed the reg etc if your vehicle within 4 months of install but they process has been streamlined and this is no longer required. I had mine installed in march then covid hit and my car is still not hear, I emailed OLEV if they would be extending the 4 month deadline and they confirmed that it is no longer required.

Below is there reply:
Thanks for your email and apologies for the slow response. There is no longer a requirement to provide this information – OLEV will be making an announcement to this effect in the coming weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts