Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The best there is at what I do
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone following the Extreme E Series Racing, it's ree to watch on the BBC Red Button if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Anyone following the Extreme E Series Racing, it's ree to watch on the BBC Red Button if anyone is interested.

I thought it was quite interesting. To begin with the production team seemed to struggle to figure out how best to use the fabulous cinematic location, and how to convey the sense of speed and drama.
The drivers did seem to push to the point of crashing, not sure how well a race will go, I think an accident is more or less guaranteed, but maybe that's the point.

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
227 Posts
someone made a massive blunder choosing that location, either at all or certainly for the first race. As Kristofferson said "After the third corner it's not really a race anymore". The build up qualifying was ok, but the final races were dire.

·
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enjoyed the footage but not the commentating. It seems very dumbed-down and aimed at people who have never watched motorsports ever.
Yes I thought the same, didn't really find it very interesting, its more like a game show, the public can vote to give a team an extra boost and teams can also donate boost points not sure how that's racing. Of the races I saw once a car had taken the lead the big cloud of dust they kicked up meant that they were never going to be caught, as you said the presenters weren't very good either, I actually turned off half way through and watched the Red Bull Soap Box races which were actually much more interesting, I'll have another look when they get onto tarmac but I'm not convinced it will be any better.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
216 Posts
Have to agree, Formula E is better, regardless of how the kit is transported round the world, I just don't see it as a good vehicle (pardon the pun) for proclaiming environmental issues.

·
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have to agree, Formula E is better, regardless of how the kit is transported round the world, I just don't see it as a good vehicle (pardon the pun) for proclaiming environmental issues.
Did you notice all the support vehicles parked up and I bet whatever they used to grade the track wasn't electric, I think its just a rich persons play thing, Lewis Hamilton was saying how important the environment was but he'll be jetting off to the next F1 race soon, doesn't seem to bother him that much.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I was disappointed by the racing or lack of it. Hopefully that will be better on other surfaces.
I am sure they mentioned that there would be documentary material showing the environmental challenges and the legacy projects that they leaving behind to improve the places they visit and address some of the challenges. Not sure I saw much of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts