Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i bought a well used E bike a few years ago and absolutely love it, it's an all alloy machine with front hub'250W motor and a 36V Lithium battery, i believe it was one of the first lithium equipped back in 2007.
It could do with a bit more power for the bigger hills though :)

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I've built three or four ebikes over the years. Finally settled with one that suits me so well that I've not bothered to do anything to it for years. Home made, using an alloy folding frame I bought from a place in the USA, wheels I built myself, using decent rims and stainless spokes, with a 16S, 10 Ah battery pack that sits at between about 60 V and 68 V, depending on state of charge. Motor controller is limited to about 40 A, so around 2.4 kW (not quite within the 250 W limit . . . ). Only two gear ratios, via a bottom bracket two speed gearbox, but that's fine for an ebike and saves having a derailleur and gear shift (the bottom bracket gear change is via a button you hit with your heel). Top speed in high ratio is silly, especially as I pedal most of the time. Main thing is that it doesn't look much like an ebike, so unless I behave badly no one's likely to notice the moped-like power (apart from the giveaway rear hub motor, perhaps . . .).

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Crankset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.