Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've the "Service High Voltage Charging System" error message. I've checked the battery coolant level is at the top. 5volts is coming from the wiring to the level sensor. The sensor reads 23k ohms and 5k ohms when a magnet is placed on it. On a you tube video there's a 15A large fuse underneath the car which says can trigger the error, but my 2012 model doesn't seem to have it. The service manual mentions checking a fuse in the F115 box. Where is this?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Search on "F115" in Volt Service Manual gets me the info "Hybrid/EV Battery pack Fuse Cover" located "Under the vehicle, at the front of the Hybrid/EV battery pack". A link takes me to this picture:

and that's it for searches on F115. Hope this helps - looks like a drive--it-up-a-ramp job!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When I had this fault on my Volt a couple of months ago I was also getting 5V on the sensor. The sensor was also working correctly.

However when I bypassed the sensor with a resistor further up the loom and reflashed the module the error went away and has not returned.

The sensor wiring is next to the exhaust so breaks down over time giving flaky readings. Once the error is latched it cannot be removed without reflashing.

See post here...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I had this fault on my Volt a couple of months ago I was also getting 5V on the sensor. The sensor was also working correctly.

However when I bypassed the sensor with a resistor further up the loom and reflashed the module the error went away and has not returned.

The sensor wiring is next to the exhaust so breaks down over time giving flaky readings. Once the error is latched it cannot be removed without reflashing.

See post here...

From the diagram the disconnect "cube" seems to be in the wrong place? It's in line with the front seat backs inside the armrest compartment, whereas the diagram shows it just in front of the rear seats. My wiring looks OK and has a bracket to keep it away from the exhaust. Are you saying that despite this, there could be damage/shorting elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
From the diagram the disconnect "cube" seems to be in the wrong place? It's in line with the front seat backs inside the armrest compartment, whereas the diagram shows it just in front of the rear seats. My wiring looks OK and has a bracket to keep it away from the exhaust. Are you saying that despite this, there could be damage/shorting elsewhere?
The wiring may have an intermittent break. Unless it is replaced or bypassed you won't be able to confirm this. The problem is that once the fault code is triggered it cannot be removed without reflashing the hpcm2 module, even if you fix the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts