Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Journeyman Human
455 Posts
Whilst I welcome any improvements in tech and useability, they can keep the styling! A big criticism of the current car was how generic it looks, I don't agree with this, but the new styling is really very generic. MG was starting to build a brand "face" across the range, this just throws it away completely. Take off the badges and it could literally be anything. (But mostly a Ford!)

·
Registered
870 Posts
According to this brief description (in Thailand) of the facelift :

"This revision by MG doesn’t extend to the all-electric ZS EV which has only been introduced into the market last year"

·
Registered
608 Posts
According to this brief description (in Thailand) of the facelift :

"This revision by MG doesn’t extend to the all-electric ZS EV which has only been introduced into the market last year"
Running two different revisions of body styling in production doesn't sound plausible.

More like they'll need to flog current stock first.

The ZS facelift pictures seem to be around for a few months now.

·
Journeyman Human
455 Posts
Running two different revisions of body styling in production doesn't sound plausible.

More like they'll need to flog current stock first.

The ZS facelift pictures seem to be around for a few months now.
This doesn't seem to worry the Chinese much, across the world there seem to be at least 4 iterations of an MG corporate look going on all at once! The MG5 EV Estate that's coming later this year looks nothing like the rest of the UK car range because it's literally a Roewe Ei5 Estate with nothing more than the badges swapped to MG!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Yeah, the photos of the ZS face lift, have been circulating for a few months now.
Well before the first 1,000 SZ EV’s had even been delivered.
I agree, it does not make much sense running pre and face lift models at the same time ?.
Mind you, other manufactures have done this in the past.
Going on previous release dates of face lift models, my guess would be around Oct / November 2020.
Whipping up interest as :-
“Welcome to the 2021 model upgrades”.
The ICE version is ready for a face lift by now.
Maybe it will get new engines.
The critics where never very keen on the original power units.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
As title really.....be interesting to see what the changes are and how it affects second hand prices.
Based on experience of the Leaf, it wouldn’t have any affect on used car prices. The (lack of) number of vehicles out there at the moment means that demand will outstrip supply for a long time in the second hand market.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The ICE version is ready for a face lift by now.
Maybe it will get new engines.
The critics where never very keen on the original power units.
In Thialand it has the same engines as before, but a newer gearbox.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
68 Posts
My own facelift. MG ZS stripes, carbon fibre front spoilers, red inset piping to grill and valence. Am adding side steps, window tints and wrapping the roof in black.
Polish_20200531_214301756.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts