Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
The only tyres I had that cracked all over the outside were Michelin. I was warned off the brand for that reason as it was the experience of a few other people that they were poor in that respect.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
The only tyres I had that cracked all over the outside were Michelin. I was warned off the brand for that reason as it was the experience of a few other people that they were poor in that respect.
The Michelin A rated Eco tyres do crack with time. (Standard fit on the LEAF) Providing you are a high annual mileage driver the tread will go on elapsed miles long before before the cracking does at say three to four years . But if you are a low mileage driver then you can be replacing tyres before the tread wears down. When it comes to tyre replacement time if you are a low annual mileage driver avoid these tyres otherwise you will be replacing them early. Michelin tyres that are B rated for efficiency don't crack so quickly so they are better for the low annual mileage driver.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
2,904 Posts
I replaced my factory fit Michelins with the same as I had managed almost 60k on the first set on the front. They had to be replaced due to a bulge developing. Rear tyres moved to the front and new ones on the rear. Then I think at around 80 I had to replace the fronts, again with Michelins. I have noticed recently that these are starting to lose small chunks from the tread so it looks like it will be Goodyears for me next time.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My original Michelins were breaking up worse than the photo's after only 25,000 miles and I ditched them quickly for Goodyears. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I bought these from mytyres.co.uk nearly 3 years ago, and have been very happy with them. Quiet & grippy, though a couple of miles/charge down on the Michelins I was running in summer. You can see them in my avatar pic on the left.

Item No.: KRA--GR65641G52-7--R-281844:3033--Serie
Order No.: 25260307
Item: Winter complete wheel for OPEL Ampera (D1JOI 2011- , Range Extender 111 bhp), Rim ALUTEC Grip graphit 6.5 x 16 (LK 5/115, OS 41), RDKS Schrader OEM 3033 with Nokian WR-D4 205/60 R16 96H
Amount: 4
Price: £ 156.80
Total VAT included: 627.20 £
Includes 20 % VAT = 104.53 £
Delivery: 39.60 £
Delivery costs amounting to 39.60 £, because 4 you have chosen complete wheels.
------------------------------------------
Total Amount: 666.80 £
------------------------------------------

·
Registered
248 Posts
Guys has anyone tried Michelin cross climates? Time for me to change and I'd be interested in moving away from budget tyres.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
A couple of friends were banging on about them, so I considered it. Goodyear Efficient grips then?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
My choice, yes. I was very alienated towards Michelin by the original reasons for this thread and the lack of satisfactory interest or explanation from the Michelin rep who chipped in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 93 of 93 Posts